Dances and dates, oh my!!!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 1 Post By GridMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
My oldest (6th grade) has his first school dance tonight, he's not sure if he wants to go yet. He was talking to his friends on the xbox last night and a lot of them are going and with DATES! Oh my gosh! He says he doesn't have a date and can't think of anyone to invite but he's not sure he wants to go alone and I told him at his age I usually went just to hang out with my friends. So we'll see. Kind of hit me though, he's growing up so fast and we're getting into those years... ugh. I don't think I'm ready.
SpazTaz likes this.

Facebook
January 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I completely agree with you. I didn't start taking an actual DATE to a dance until I was either a sophomore or junior in high school. We didn't have dances in elementary (and my son's school doesn't either), but 7th, 8th, and 9th grades for sure it was just go either by myself and meet up with people there, or went with a group of friends and just hung out.

If he goes, I hope he has a great time, as I'm sure there will be plenty of others w/o dates, but if not, he'll round that corner when he's ready. As long as he's comfortable with his decision either way, that's what is important. Good luck!
January 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh...hang in there! I dread the idea of my daughter "dating". I will have to cross this same bridge one day too.

I'm sure he won't be the only one there without a "date" at his age. We started having dances in the 6th grade and up....nobody really cared about dates until high school. I hope he has fun.

January 22nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
He didn't go, turns out it started immediately after school and since he hadn't arranged a ride and hadn't paid to go ahead of time he couldn't stay. Which he seemed almost relieved about it lol. Later that night though he was talking to his friends again and I can hear everything they say (I don't think he knows that though, he has on headphones) and his best friend KISSED his date. OMG. I'm really kind of glad he didn't go lol.
SpazTaz likes this.

Facebook
January 22nd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Kids are growing up so much faster in this generation! My son is 9 years old, but still pretty innocent (thankfully!). However, my daughter, who is 6, is already talking like a teenager...wierd! I'm hoping she's just repeating stuff she hears from the older girls in the school bus.
SpazTaz likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search