School issues......UGH!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LvMyLaxKid

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry, this is a little long........

On Friday when I picked Parker up from school, he was pretty bummed. He said, "Mom, I don't think Mrs. M likes me......" I asked why, and he said she was passing out papers, and everyone was talking, and he called her name, to ask her something. She didn't answer, so he called her name a few more times, and then in a mean voice, said, "I've been TRYING and TRYING to ignore you, but you WON'T be quiet!" I asked him if he was supposed to be raising his hand, or if she was busy with somebody else, or if he was interrupting her, etc, and he said no. He said it was a free time, where kids were talking to each other, and she was just walking around, not talking to anyone, passing out their graded tests.

And also that same day, he said he asked her a question about something, and she said in a mean voice, "UGH, can SOMEbody please explain this to Parker, since he apparently doesn't KNOW!" and then a few minutes later his friend asked the same question, and she just answered him nicely and didn't get mad.

He SAYS he feels like she doesn't like him, and is picking on him. I kind of believe him, because this is the same explanation I've gotten from several parents, and they've told me this on FB or in person without Parker around.....and I've never mentioned it to him. So, it's not just something he's gotten from me.....But, many parents have said she singles kids out to pick on.....(and she's also on probation......)

So.....it SOUNDS like she's decided to single out Parker to be the kid to pick on......at least so it SOUNDS from Parker. I know how kids are, and I don't know all of the circumstances......but, I know things don't get to Parker very easily, and he was so upset he doesn't want to finish his last week of school.

Well, this morning I told Parker that I wanted him to go, and to make the best of it. I told him that he would be sorry later if he didn't, because he wouldn't have closure, and wouldn't be able to say goodbye to his friends, and he was fine with going.

Well, I decided to talk to the principal this morning about the whole situation. She was very appreciative that I sent him today, and was also very grateful I talked to her. She was super nice about it, and we talked for awhile, and she was saying that Parker will do fine wherever he goes, but she didn't want him to leave on a bad note, with no closure. I told her that part of why he MAY be do upset over his teacher is because he's already emotional and stressed over our move, etc. She said that is definitely part of it, but NOT something to blame it all on. She said that there is still an issue with the teacher, and even if he IS emotional right now, what his teacher said was NOT right, regardless.

She said she's going to pull Parker out of his specialty this morning, so his teacher won't know she talked to him. She'll just talk with him to make him feel better, and just address the issue with him. And she's going to address it with the teacher, but not tell her what parent complained, so she won't have hard feelings toward Parker this week. I feel much better now! She is SUCH a great principal, and a nice person. I am really glad I went and talked with her now!
TreeTog likes this.

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
October 14th, 2013, 09:52 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's crappy. I have known of teachers who have done that with a particular child and no matter what that child doers they just single them out like that.

Yes I agree Parker may be more sensitive right now because of the move, but a child knows when an adult doesn't like them and it's really crappy.

Glad the principal was understanding about the situation, but I hope she does address this teacher because no child should feel unliked by a teacher.

Hopefully his last week will be enjoyable for him.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

October 14th, 2013, 10:14 AM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefrogy View Post
Glad the principal was understanding about the situation, but I hope she does address this teacher because no child should feel unliked by a teacher.
Thanks! I told her that it doesn't matter to US right now, since he's going to be leaving. (not that it's ok for Parker to endure that for a week though.....) But, I told her I was telling her, because even though Parker won't be dealing with it for long, other kids will! Apparently, this isn't her first offense. I've heard from other parents that she's on probation, because of so many complaints from parents.

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
October 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Sounds like she's in the totally wrong profession! He's leaving, he's a bit emotional about it, so she should be bending over backwards to be kind to him! Hope his last week isn;t ruined by an totally incompetent teacher!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search