Tooth Fairy

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kolbysmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2013, 07:25 PM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
What is the tooth fairy paying these days at your house?
When does the tooth fairy cease to exist?

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

November 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Every tooth is worth 1 (around $1.60)
The tooth fairy quits when my older three turned 9/10, so I'm guessing she'll quit around the same time with Jaidyn, although, like the others, she'll no doubt still want the money for any teeth
November 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
We must live in a sheltered town. Kolby just turned 11 and hasn't said or asked anything about the TF or even Santa for that matter being real.

November 26th, 2013, 07:45 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
J (kinder) hasn't lost any teeth yet...in fact none are loose! I've been wondering though how much the tooth fairy pays out.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tooth fairy doesn't pay in our house, in our spiritual practice you bury the tooth in the garden and the tooth fairy takes it to protect you against it falling into the wrong hands.

So no money, just protection. My kids got jibbed on that one, hah.
November 27th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolbysmom View Post
We must live in a sheltered town. Kolby just turned 11 and hasn't said or asked anything about the TF or even Santa for that matter being real.
Not one of my kids have actually turned round and said "I don't believe" or anything like that and my eldest turns 18 in the New Year I never ever said to my parents I didn't believe, I think it was just a natural progression from believing to not believing and that seems to be the same with my kids, which I'm happy with.
November 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
It was a nice, crisp $5 bill when my olders were tooth fairy age, so I'm curious too. That was before the other thing that happened in 2008, so people had more money for "extra"s but everything cost less because of inflation. $5 was enough for an action figure.

If it's a nice crisp $20 bill now, I just can't do it. I love Cybele's tradition, so maybe we can figure out something that's less "cultural appropriation" and more "my mom is weird".
November 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidynsmum View Post
Not one of my kids have actually turned round and said "I don't believe" or anything like that and my eldest turns 18 in the New Year I never ever said to my parents I didn't believe, I think it was just a natural progression from believing to not believing and that seems to be the same with my kids, which I'm happy with.
That's great to know! My oldest kids stopped believing, but since we had little ones, they kept it quiet. I think I was around 5 (I caught 'Santa' stuffing the stockings. lol)
Jaidynsmum likes this.

November 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM
LvMyLaxKid's Avatar Super Mommy
Parker always gets a gold dollar. He's been thrilled with that, so we've gotten off pretty cheap! lol He's 8, and still believes.

Proud Mom of an only child- Parker Joseph- 2-21-2005
November 30th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The tooth fairy pays $1 per tooth if it naturally fell out. The oldest had to have dental work and teeth have had to be pulled. Those were $2. When the tooth fairy gets "lost" and doesn't get the money to the kid the next morning, she gives some change with the dollar.

The kids very faithfully believe in TF even when she doesn't come on the correct night or leaves the money in the wrong room. We told them the tooth fairy finds the kids by scent (She has poor eye sight) and sometimes gets confused. Lol.
December 2nd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're cheap: a quarter a tooth. my mom got a cute little round box for my oldest that a quarter fits perfectly inside. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done the tooth fairy at all. She got busted when a kid on my daughter's soccer team very bluntly told her the tooth fairy was her mom. I was sort of relieved, but kinda mad at the kid. Is that allowed? So now they just get quarters when one comes out. I actually owe my middle child $0.50 right now.
December 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do the tooth fairy and they all believe (10, 8, 6, and 5). The tooth fairy only comes to a clean room and it is $1 a tooth.
December 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The first tooth they get a $2 bill because those are uncommon and only the Tooth Fairy could possibly have those! Thereafter it is a $1 per tooth
December 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottts View Post
When the tooth fairy gets "lost" and doesn't get the money to the kid the next morning, she gives some change with the dollar.
So glad to know that the TF gets 'lost' going to your house too!

December 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
$2 per tooth. My kids know who the tooth fairy is. We stopped doing the under the pillow thing around 8-9. I just hand them the $2 when they lose a tooth lol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

December 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks, everyone! A dollar it is.

I only got a dime. I think it was worth about what a dollar is today and I don't remember ever buying anything with it, just holding it until I lost it, lol.
December 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's usually $.50 here unless he had a hard time getting the tooth out or the tooth fairy gets lost, then it's $.75. I think for my last tooth I got $5 so that's probably what they will get too. I'm glad I saw this because there is a tooth waiting patiently downstairs right now. The tooth fairy should've come last night. lol

December 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets. I felt so bad about that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search