The Birth Story of William Phoenix

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
The contractions & overall "ickiness" started on Sunday night, I would say around 11pm. It certainly was not an instant "oh this is labor" feeling, as time I progressed and I was still feeling small contractions, I knew that something was up. I was up pretty much most of the night going to the bathroom & just tossing & turning in my sleep.

By noon time I had bloody show & was still having contractions. They were spacing out and very irregular, but I knew this was labor. I could feel it. It was so similar to my early labor with Megan, that went on for a few good days.

Tuesday I decided to go in & get checked out. I wanted to make sure that the bleeding was indeed bloody show and see if I was even making progress. Well much to my amazement I was 5cm, 50-75% effaced & he was -2, so still above the pelvis. This of course scared the heck out of me & as soon as I got home, the cleaning & nesting kicked in BIG time!

I slept great that night, woke up & everything seemed about normal, still having some more contractions, only a little more pressure then before, but I had that gut feeling that today was the day for something to happen.

I got the girls dressed, got them breakfast, turned on Super Why & then went to take a shower. While in the shower I felt a gush of water that was a different temperature then the rest of the water, but for some reason I didn't really think much of it. I got out, went to get dressed. Sat down on the bed as I usually do because bending over was awful.. Went to stand up & then GUSH! Seriously, it didn't stop! I was mortified! I know it was my water, but I was freaking out because I didn't feel like I was ready, LOL.

I called Carlos, who was pretty much 5 mins from work, he turned around. Called my midwife. Everyone gathered together back at the house.

Lynn (the nurse), Carlos & Jenn (my midwife) got everything prepped & ready. We had no idea how long or how short things we go, so better safe then sorry. My contractions were still very irregular & weak.. We went for a walk, ate lunch, walked some more.. Jenn decided that everyone just head out & allow me to rest. She had a feeling that I was in Mommy mode since the girls were awake & that labor more then likely wouldn't start until they were in bed.

Boy, was she right. Pretty much 15-20 mins after the girls were in bed the contractions started. It was around 9pm. They were getting stronger, but still very irregular, but I could feel my body acting differently. I waited an hour before calling Jenn.

Around 11pm she arrived and she checked me.. I was 6cm but very stretchy. She did a really good sweep to help keep the contractions coming. It was pretty freaking painful, but after that the contractions came hard & steady!

Around 2am I felt him a lot lower and the contractions were a lot stronger. We all decided it was time for the tub. So I got in & the contractions spaced out, but that was fine with me. They were so painful. Around 2:30 I could feel my body starting to push so we all knew it wouldn't be much longer. Everyone was awake (minus Megan & Emily) and just kinda doing little last minute things, Jenn was checking on another patient in labor who had transfered to the hospital, Lynn was making sure I was doing well, Carlos was just sort of in a daze.

At about 2:50 I knew he would be coming soon. The pressure was becoming unbearable. But I knew it would feel better if I let my body do all the work, especially since I was so tired all ready. With the next contraction I felt him come down & I could feel him crowning. Lynn said she could see his head, I was just kinda in shock, like wow.. Hes coming!! After I felt his head out I let out a really big deep breath & then I felt his little body come out. Jenn told me to reach down & grab my son.. It was magical to say the least. I pulled him up & just snuggled him right to my chest.

Lynn brought over lots of warm towels and we just enjoyed each other for a few moments.. He was letting out the sweetest little cries, it was just amazing. After the cord was cut, Carlos did some skin to skin with little William & then snuggled up while I delivered my placenta & got checked out. Everything was perfect, no tearing, bleeding was perfect.. Everything was just well.. perfect.

It was quiet, uneventful, just a perfectly calm easy labor & delivery. I'm so glad to have had such a wonderful team on my side to be there with me.

Welcome to the world my love..

William Phoenix Fournier
October 14th, 2010. 3:00am CST
8lbs 5oz 21" long.

October 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Congrats!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 23rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
The Jen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Amazing Debbie!! You did a great job! Liam is adorable. Congratulations!

Interested in Cloth Diapers and other kid/baby products? Then Check out my store!! www.chickadeebabies.com
October 25th, 2010, 01:09 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Wonderful story Congrats he's beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search