Quinn Olivia Born at Home Jan.13th, 2011 (x posted)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mom to 4 girls!!
I had an appointment with my midwife the morning of the 12th. I was 4 cm and 60% effaced. I asked her to try to get things going. I had a bit of show after the exam but no contractions so I thought to myself... I must not be ready yet. I was really trying to enjoy the last few days of being pregnant, as this was 99.9% most likely our last.

I went to Costco with DD#3 and started to have some contractions, but I just figured they were just BH. We purchased Just Dance 2 for the Wii. I got home and took dd#3 to dance and continued to have some contractions. They were here there and everywhere, no pattern.

That evening we had a family dance off and let me tell you... Mama took home the crown. I did about 10 songs full out!!! It was great. Off to bed we went..........

Woke at 4:15 to use the bathroom. After I layed back down I started contracting every 2 min... I knew this was it. I layed in bed for about 10 contractions. I should have gotten up but didn't until "gush" happened. I woke DH and said my water is breaking! He sprang into action and threw me a towel. DD#1 was in bed with us and she was very excited!

I called my MW right away, as DD#3 was born 5 minutes after my water broke. My contractions were strong but I could still talk through them so I figured we had some time. We got the bed all set up and then had some breakfast.

Our MWs came over and I asked to be checked. I was a super stretchy 5cm and fully effaced. Woo hoo... we were getting close. I walked around our mainfloor, spent time with DD#1 and DH talking and them I couldn't do that anymore. I parked myself in the living room and leaned over the exercise ball during contractions and drank Vitamin Water in between and chatted with our MWs.

I started to feel pushy around 7am. They "suggested" I head upstairs. I made it to the top landing and then stayed there for what seemed like a few minutes... DH said it was longer and they were concerned I was going to push the baby out on the stairs. They gently coaxed me to the bed where I leaned on the ball some more and then decided it was time to push. DD#2 and #3 were up by then and were stoked to meet their new little sibling. I pushed for about 25 minutes. Relaxing in between contractions and letting my body do most of the work.

I have a mirror at the end of our bed so I asked them to slide it over so I could see where we were at. Wow, was that motivating. I saw the head and that was that I pushed. She sat on my perineum for a bit, I had trouble getting her out. I had never experienced that before. I was an intense feeling. At 7:37am Quinn Olivia was born, surrounded by her sisters and daddy! It was amazing. I helped her out and brought her up on my chest. She made a couple of little cries and then just stared up at me. I was in love all over again.

The MWs were amazing. It was like they weren't even there. They could tell when I needed guidance and when I was fine alone. We banked her cord blood so they were focused on that while we had Quinn on my chest and bonded as a family. We weighed her after an hour or so.....

9 lbs 12oz. 21.5 inches long and a 14.5 inch head----- no wonder she took her time coming out!!

I had a few stiches while she nursed and DH fed the girls their breakfast.

It was an amazing birth, the best one for me by far. I feel so blessed to have 4 beautiful girls and to have experienced a home birth.

Thanks for reading......

Christy
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

February 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
What a lovely birth story!!! Congrats on your little girl!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 11th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats to you!
February 11th, 2011, 08:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Congrats to you hun! That is an amazing birth story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search