Arriana's Homebirth!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
Well I didn't get my birth story all written up but long story short... I broke my water with a little finger condom hook with my midwife about 7:50pm on April 2nd (my midwife tried a few days before and couldn't reach). I started having contractions at about 9pm. I had the photographer come at about 10pm (I thought things would go quickly since this was my third baby../). The midwives came about midnight. I then labored (zen like, without much pain at all) for the next 5 hours. Once transition started I thought we might be on our way but no, they came nice and slow for another 3 hours! The entire time i kept wishing for more pain (because more pain equals more progress right?) once i felt like had been "transitioning" long enough I had my midwife check me, I was at 8 and could stretch to 9... I got up and tried to labor on the toilet one last time and started feeling a little "pushy" the contractions were very un-helpful... we decided I could start pushing so I did. I tried 4 different positions before I got into one where I could get enough energy to push with my weak contractions. At that time I probably pushed for about 5 minutes to get her to start crowning (at this time I was using my hand on top of my belly to help push because the contractions weren't helping very much) and then once I got her head out I felt that the body was going to be larger so I asked what to do... I asked if I should just push and I heard someone say "sure" and sure enough I just pushed the rest out. She was crowning-born within 1 minute! After she was born they told me she had her arm/hand up under her neck and chin which made her a little bigger around the body... Thankfully I got away with out any tears. My beautiful Arriana Lena was born at 8:53am on April 3rd, after 42 weeks and 5 days gestation at 9lbs 4oz, 21 3/4 inches, 14 inch head. Glad it is all over and so glad she is here!! Totally the happiest baby I have ever had!

Here is my birth slideshow! Arriana's Birth - YouTube

June 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
You make for a beautiful laboring mama! It sounds like you had a very peaceful birth! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations!!

PS - were either of your other two children present for the actual birth? I'd love to know how that was. (as I prepare for my upcoming birth)

June 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
My kids weren't there for the actual birth, they were upstairs with the neighbor. Mariah said I heard you making the noises to get the baby out (evidently I screamed). The kids did not have an interest in being there for the actual birth, they would rather have fun, it was just perfect. You will have a great birth, no matter what ends up happening

July 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
I LOVE the slideshow! It looks like you handled labor extremely well. My husband and I are also expecting our third in February and we plan on doing home birth as well this time. I am so tired of the hospital and not being able to hold my baby afterwards. Also, the 48 hour stay is horrible!

Anyways, I hope I can be as strong as you
July 9th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Good for you for choosing a homebirth! I wouldn't have it any other way Just remember we are created to birth babies. The pain can't kill you and it is so very short lived. Funny how only 3 months later I think "I would love to birth another baby" haha we are done with that part of our lives, now on to raising the babies

October 16th, 2014, 12:50 AM
That is so wonderful birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search