My chunky little monkey!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To assisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So girls, no name yet

Well! here goes!

Contractions started at about 8pm on the thirteenth, nothing to think too much of, I have vague memories on contracting in my sleep that night, but they didn't wake me up. Round about 3:30 am they started to pick up a little, and I didn't get anymore sleep after that. I took a shower when I got out of bed at 7am and called my mom to discuss whether or not we thought this was labor. She was sure it was and bothered me til i called my MW, A. We talked about it, and decided that I would do my thing and she she would come over around noon to do that weeks prenatal and either give me a pep talk if the contrax petered out, or stay and have a baby! Contrax continued all morning at about 3-5 min apart, 50 or so seconds long, I did hands and knees through most of them, which really felt good, and then would bounce back up and go about my day. I cleaned the house, mopped all the floors, and baked a cake with my daughter (it was her "big sister cake"/labor project) A got to my house at about 12:30, bringing her daughter M. to help me with Emmy. ( a GODSEND!) She checked me, found me to be about 2-3, same as before, but the bag of waters was bulgy, and when she tried to fiddle with the membranes, found them to be totally separated already, i had no more mucus plug either and the contrax hadn't let up, so we decided, YEP! Early labor! She went to go run some errands and get the hose for the birth tub and left M to help me. The contrax picked up a little in intensity after that, i went to get the mail, which is on the side of the road, on a HIGHWAY and when I found myself squatting there through a contraction, i was like YEP, i'm in labor, lol! So i called DH at that point and told him to start home, he was working two hours away. A came back, and we started to set stuff up and fill the tub. I hung out with them and we talked and we talked a lot it was really nice. We went over again everything I wanted for my birth. The rest of the evening was just relaxed and easy, we cooked a little, the assistant and DH got there, i was so happy to see him. A had said that once he came home, things would prob pick up for me. We all ate and hung out and i finally put Emmy to bed at 9. My contrax hadn't been increasing much at all, and were spacing out a little, A decided to give me Tylenol PM and go home, so I could rest, I had been at it for a long time. I asked her to check me again before she left and I was SURPRISE! a 5! So she wasn't going anywhere. This was at about 11pm. Everyone decided to go to bed and get some rest. Sadly, that was not happening for me, the contrax were getting stronger, so after an hour of trying to sleep I got in the birth tub in the dark room with candles lit, it was SO nice. It definitely made the pain a little better, and it spaced out the contrax as well. Still though, they were pretty intense, lasting over a minute every 4-5 min. There was so much pressure, I felt them all in my hips and cervix Finally at about 1:30am I woke A up and was like, I need to either stop these or make a baby come out, I'm exhausted! I kind of hinted about breaking my water, as we had talked about how that was keeping his head from applying pressure and dilating me, but she said that wasn't a good idea so early in the game, and she wouldn't risk it (which I knew, my judgment was just a little skewed then tongue.gif ) So I sat in the tub for a while, and labored there for a while. after 30 min of that I went to lay down in bed, SO TIRED! I had been up for 24 hours and in labor! I had a pretty serious contraction, and then were was ten minutes where i got a break and I was almost asleep, when BAM this MONSTER contraction started and I was like oh CRAP!, I guess I flinched a little and tried to lean up as it started and then I felt the notorious pop, and WHOOSH! My water broke in the biggest amniotic river you have ever seen. SO much fluid it was unreal. I started yelling for my MW and she came in. Thank goodness for all those layers of plastic on the bed! DH was sleeping through all of this, MW was like "your in a puddle, dude" but he didn't wake up...it's ok, I wasn't ready for him at that point. I wanted to be mostly alone. The contrax got crazy intense after that, right on top of each other and with SO much pain in my cervix, it was pretty bad. I labored in the birth tub holding the assistant hand for dear life through the contractions. She would get me cold rags for my head and water and chap stick as needed, she was great. I started to really lose it at that point, I looked at her and was like " I cannot do this" She just said, you can, and you are and you are so strong, your doing great. She kept telling me that and it meant so much. After two hours of that, I was DONE, and I was like "go get A and ask her to....something! I don't know what!" So A came in and asked if I wanted to be checked. I laid in bed next to DH and she found me to be a nine, YES! Which DH heard and woke up then. She started to get her stuff ready, and get everything prepped for the baby! YAY! She told me to push whenever I felt the urge, not to fight it, but I had a cervical lip, a pretty big one, she wanted to see what would happen if we left it alone. The contrax weren't really moving him down anymore, and the lip wasn't going anywhere, but it was thinning, i could feel the baby's hair up in my vagina, that was really awesome. We ended up moving the lip and I continued to push as I felt the urge, but it didn't feel right to me. My body was making me push, but I felt all wrong, I told them at one point, it felt "nasty" which really was the most appropriate word I could think of, but it was pretty funny. Since the contrax were more effective out of the tub, i moved to my bed, where I tried to push and it just wasn't working. I just didn't feel right. It felt like TOO much work, or something. It hurt to push a little, which I thought was wrong since everyone always says pushing is the best part. His head had gone back up and the cervical lip was back, UGH! so we waited for a contraction to fix it. I STILL wasn't getting anywhere, and I was getting annoyed, so all the women left the room for a while and DH and I talked a little. I told him i couldn't do it and he was like, You really don't have a choice honey, it might hurt, but you have to do it anyway. I pushed some more sitting up, but i wasn't getting anywhere, so I squatted on my bed and pushed like that, MW heard the noises I was making (LOUD ones) and came to help. After a few really good pushes like that, he was crowning. He crowned for the longest time, A was really massaging me to help me not tear, and with another contraction i PUSHED and PUSHED and PUSHED and FINALLY his head was out, i heard him cry a little and they suctioned him a bit, she said, next contraction, give it everything you've got, I did, but nothing happened, she was like "his shoulders are stuck, stand up" I wasn't at all concerned, I don't really know why I didn't freak, but I remember thinking, oh yay, i get to do that "Gaskins maneuver" at my birth! LOL! So I jumped up, and, standing on my bed, holding on to DH who was standing on the floor in front of me, Dug my face into his shirt and ROARED that baby out. And then all of a sudden he was HERE and laying on the bed under me and gooey and gross and SO beautiful! Everyone was like he is HUGE, but it really didn't look like that to me, till we weighed him, 10lb, 12oz. HOLY CRAP. 23 inches long. After 20-30 min, we woke up DD, it was now 6:30am, baby was born at 6 on the dot, and she came in for the cord cutting. She was still half asleep, but she was like, "there's my baby, he's so cute, I love him". inlove.gif We nursed a little, and daddy got him dressed, we called a few relatives, and tried to deliver the placenta. It took an HOUR AND A HALF! It was SO big! and I couldn't pee, it was holding me up, but anyway, it finally came out and we checked it, and then A stitched me up, i had a tiny little inch tear, i also have LOTS of abrasions all over my labia, b/c i had to stretch SO much. Then we hung out and drank coffee, wrote down some of the details, MW and the assistants cleaned up and left. DD went to a friends house, and DH and I and baby went to BED! YAY!

So, 28 hours of labor, with FIVE hours of "transitional labor" an hour of pushing, and my little man is HERE!
I am SO glad I did it this way. We are up and about and have been since birth, i feel GREAT!

February 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww your kids are so cute! Makes me want to have some sooner. Too bad I have to wait at least nine months!

That's a wonderful story too. Just let us know when you decide on a name!

</div>
February 16th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YOU have a bueatiful darling wee son,

cant wait to learn what yourve decided to name him,
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"><div align='center'>Loved Missed and never forgotten</div><div align="center">Twins Makayla and Liliana 1st Dec 2004 and "little surprise" Jan 08 </div>

</div>
</div>
February 16th, 2007, 06:57 AM
JN82's Avatar Member
Good Job Momma!!!! Congrats on the beautiful boy. WOW 10 lbs. Way to go!!!
February 16th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful job Mama! You did it! Congrats! Welcome to the world little boy!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
February 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YOU ROCK! Girl, you are AWESOME!!!!!

You just have no idea, my oxytocin is FLOWING just reading this lol. I LOVE IT!

I just wanna give you a huge hug!

Congrats, you are one amazing woman! I hope your DH goes and brags to EVERYONE!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 16th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats mama! He's beautiful and such a chunk! I love chunky babies. He's almost a full pound more than my first ds was and I thought he was big.

February 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
<div align="center">You are a birthing goddess, Abbey. That's AWESOME and he is DELICIOUS!!!!! </div>
<div align="center">
Way To Go GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Baby Boy!!! </div>

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

February 16th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
OH! he is soo sweet!!! great job mommy!!! He looks great!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search