My Non Expected Home Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To unassisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
2:00am Feb 24th.

I call the dr and tell them my contractions are 6 min apart so they tell me to go in. We go in and get hooked up to the monitors. My contractions slowed down while we were there. And I was only 1 cm when she checked me. So the nurse sent me home. By the time we got in our van and was driving home the contractions were getting worse to where they made me cry. (but the nurse told me it was probably round ligament pain). We get home bout 5:40 am. By the time I get out of the van and onto the porch I am in pain with another contraction. Go inside and get another one right away. So I get a quick bath thinking it might help. Yeah right. Come out of the tub and sit on our chair and ottoman and tell Brian that I can't stand the pain. I call the dr and tell them that the contractions are 2-3 min apart. Dr tells me to come back in. I then call my mom and tell her to come back down that Brian and I will be heading back to the hospital. By the time she got here (5 places away) I was yelling and telling her and Brian to call 911. So Brian calls. I told mom and Brian that the baby was on his way and I wouldn't make it to the hospital. so Mom washes her hands and grabs towels, while Brian is on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. I told them that I had to push and that pushing was the only thing that helped the pain. So I started pushing. Mom was below me sitting waiting for him to come out. She was also helping me breath right. Brian was watching and still on the phone with the 911 person and getting info on what to do. Within the first 3 pushes my water broke and boom next came his head. He was out within like 5 pushes. Mom suctioned his airway out and cleaned him up and wrapped him in a towel. The ambulance got here 8 min or so after I had him. The EMT cut his cord and delivered the placenta. While another EMT took him and cleaned him up and wrapped him up in blankies. They cleaned me up and got us put into the ambulance and off to the hospital we went. Yup we now have to get a new chair and ottoman lol!

We were met by my dr who checked me and cleaned me up. Donovan was taken to the nursery to get taken care of. I didn't need stitches. the dr said there was just a scrape or something but nothing that needed stitched. She gave me pitocin to help my uterus get back to normal. That part of the whole process hurt. I only had motrin for that.

Donovan Clair was born at 6:37am.(time we are pretty sure he was born at- looking at the clock was the least thing on our mind at that moment) Weighing in at 6lbs 14 oz and 20 inches.
March 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! What a surprise, Im glad you are both well thank you for sharing your story!

I am curious, and have a question. Just a silly question because I've always wondered in these situations.

With having an accidental home birth, would you plan for another one in the future? I'm just curious, i don't know how i'd feel after planning for a hospital birth and accidentally have a fast labor and have the baby at home. I think it would be neat to get someone's perspective who's been in that situation.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
wow! I am glad everything turned out good. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Oh wow! What a surprise, Im glad you are both well thank you for sharing your story!

I am curious, and have a question. Just a silly question because I've always wondered in these situations.

With having an accidental home birth, would you plan for another one in the future? I'm just curious, i don't know how i'd feel after planning for a hospital birth and accidentally have a fast labor and have the baby at home. I think it would be neat to get someone's perspective who's been in that situation.
I am curious too!?

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

April 1st, 2009, 12:35 PM
IDK if I would have another home birth or not. I think it was better than being at the hospital. It might of been better if I was prepared and had a better spot then my chair and ottoman to give birth in lol. Maybe if there was medical help here next time.
April 18th, 2009, 06:33 PM
jandswood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jandswood
wow! he was sure ready to come! Congratulations he is so beautiful!! thanks for sharing your story!
May 15th, 2009, 04:03 AM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
wow, I was tearing up reading your story!! I have to read the others....

that's crazy, I would have been mad at that doc for sending me home!

June 19th, 2009, 12:33 AM
thanks ladies yeah I was pretty POed at the nurse and dr. they were both there when I went back in. And the nurse knew I was mad. She also knew that I was gonna give her major heck. it was in the newspaper too my friend called in. The nurse bought Donovan some clothes
September 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks to an idiot doctor my friend was 5 minutes away from delivering her child in the car!! They barely got her in bed after they had sent her home and she delivered!

Im so glad your little one made it safely into the world. Thanks for sharing that amazing story!
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

January 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
thanks for sharing! what a lovely story.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search