My Accidental Unassisted Homebirth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To unassisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2007, 09:56 AM
CrunchyMomma's Avatar Regular
I was 44.5 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and I was miserable! I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions for at least 5 weeks and they were pretty strong (or what I though what BH) but nothing ever happened. I walked constantly, had more sex then I wanted, ate spicy foods anything to get this labor started!! Well nothing worked and I decided that this baby would come when she wanted and that was that.

On March 2nd I woke up at about 5 am With what I thought was going to be a BAD stomach bug. I made a cup of tea and layed down on the couch to watch TV and fell asleep. The next thing I know I woke up soaked and though I had peed myself! Went to sit up and something "down there " did not feel right, so I pulled up my nighty and felt between my legs and what do you know the top of a head!! That is when it hit me my water had broke and the baby was coming!!! At this point I am starting to panic but then decided it was too late for all that.

I decided to squat by the couch and put a pillow on the floor under me. With the next contraction (at this point the tractions had started to HURT) the babies head started to slowly inch out, I was not pushing at all she was just coming on her own and boy talk about Ring of Fire!!! After her head was out I reached down to check for cord and found none so I pushed her out the rest of the way and she slid out onto the pillow! THis is when DH made his appearance, he comes down the hall and wants to know why I am watching baby story that early in the morning as he heard a baby crying!

I told him it was not the TV it was the baby and would he please get me some towels and a blanket for the baby. He stands there digesting what I just said and started freaking out, I was like the time for that is over she is here she is fine but she is getting cold!! He finds everything helps me to the couch and we jsut stare at our beautiful baby! The placenta come about 30 mins later and looked fine! I had not tears, brusing or sorenessin my bottom, I was amazed!!! All in all it was a wonderful birth and will have all my babys at home from now on!!
April 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM
StudentMidwife06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to StudentMidwife06
Great birth story!
April 7th, 2007, 07:43 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fantastic! It sounds like you had an awesome birth!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

April 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM
short_n_swt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow!!! What a story! I could not imagine having the baby without anyone in the room with me at all! You got a lot of strength, congrats on your sprout!

April 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Congratulations!! I would love to know more about how you had a UHB. I will be PM'ing you.

July 9th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
wow!!! I would have been scraming for DH long before I stood to squat!! Congrats, you are one brave women

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

July 16th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Michelle Allmon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

That is incredible, must have been so great not to have anyone there! How did you guys clamp the cord? Rubber bands?
I'm a full-time, professional wedding photographer now providing birth documentation in a contemporary style. Birth coverage includes boxed designer proofs with sloppy borders, online viewing, a DVD slideshow, custom album design and custom birth announcement design. I offer modern announcements, mounted prints, gorgeous frames & flush mount albums. www.RedheadedNinja.com

Co-Host of the Photography Board
May 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM
littlebabydolly
Wow! It sounds like it happened all so fast. What a blessing! I laughed at your husbands first reaction! I bet he had no idea what he'd come down to see!!
July 12th, 2008, 07:47 AM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
wow! What an amazing story!! My cousin had a similar experience, except she delivered by herself in the van (in the hospital's parking lot while her husband was inside panicking to get somebody to come get her with a wheel chair!)
October 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
wow, great story!! you did an amazing job. i'm a little jealous, hehe.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

October 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so wonderful. What a special birth and bonding experience! Just you and baby.

October 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
SaraBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SaraBaby Send a message via MSN to SaraBaby Send a message via Yahoo to SaraBaby
Wow! It sounds like your birth went very smoothly, espeically since it was at home, with no assisted! Thats great, congrats!

January 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
~ Ada ~'s Avatar Zen
You are my hero! I will never understand (barring a medical emergency) why people make such a fuss about unmedicated and unassisted births.

A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.
If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden.
But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.

~ Buddha

February 28th, 2009, 07:11 AM
suusssannn's Avatar funky monkey
Our bodies were made to do this- and you proved that!! MAJOR KUDOS TO YOU!!! (= AWESOME AWESOME BIRTH STORY!

44 weeks though?? I yiyi-- I would've been going crazzyyyy, haha!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM
SummerBabies11's Avatar Mega Super Duper Mommy
insane!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! for real

June 19th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
wow crazy!
June 24th, 2009, 12:31 AM
ameriguat
That is amazing....I've heard of people who want to do it on purpose...they call it free birthing.
August 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
That is awesome. I'm so encouraged now to go for the unassisted birth with my 4th child. Congrats! You are my hero!
August 24th, 2011, 05:00 AM
i had an unassisted birth with our last child after 3VBACs, first being a c-section. It was the best journey i've ever set path on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search