the birth of Mary Mae

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To unassisted birth stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2007, 10:22 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
At about 11:00 Tuesday night I began having regular contractions. They were lasting only about 30-45 seconds and came with a lot of bottom pressure, they were 15 minutes apart and didn’t feel particularly strong. So, we went to bed. I had to get right back up to use the bathroom, and decided to sleep on the couch so I wouldn’t be waking Chuck up every time I needed to get up. I slept very well in between bathroom trips.

Sometime after 3:00 I had a loose b.m. and bloody show. I called my midwife and let her know; she said she would get her things together, and to call her back when the contractions were five minutes apart. I woke up Chuck and we timed the next few contractions; we realized they were already coming two to three minutes apart! Chuck called the midwife, then I went back to the bathroom. This was about 4:00. When I had a few contractions one after another, Chuck told me I better get off the toilet. He got some things out of the bathroom while I went back to our bedroom. I didn’t want to get on the bed, so I put some pads down on the floor at the foot of the bed. I had my first “pushy” contraction standing over the pads. I was very hot all of a sudden so I stripped off my nightshirt. I went down on my knees, supporting myself with my arms against the bed.

I told Chuck that I was feeling like pushing, and he told me he knew and it was okay. He started to massage my perineum with almond oil as my bag of water bulged and then broke. With the next contraction, baby began to crown. After that contraction ended, though, she slipped back up! That hurt, but it made me laugh, and I said, “That’s the wrong way!” She crowned again during the next contraction and her head was delivered. While I pushed with the next contraction, he noticed the cord was wrapped once around her neck and that there was a knot in it. I think that scared him because he told me to “hurry and push”. So I did. With that fourth push, she was born!

Chuck passed her to me, and I said, “It’s a girl!” I’m not sure if she cried louder or if I did, and we knew she was just fine from her color and her volume. We forgot to have a towel handy, so we used a couple of cloth diapers to wipe her off. We named her, and then Chuck gave her an anointing and his blessing. He took her first picture. Then we realized we didn’t look at the time when she was born! When I reminded him that the clock in our room was probably wrong anyway, Chuck said that 4:23 was good enough. He helped me stand up; I delivered the placenta, and he clamped and cut her cord. At about 4:40 the midwife called to let us know she was almost there, and I could hear her laugh over the phone when Chuck said the baby had already been born.

By the time they arrived, I was already somewhat cleaned up and sitting in bed, giving Mary her first feeding. Mary and I both checked out perfectly. The midwife asked to keep the placenta, because true knots in the cord are so rare. She told us that they can only be formed early in pregnancy, while Baby still has lots of room to move. We are very thankful that it never pulled tight, even during delivery. God was certainly looking out for our little girl.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing birth story, Jennifer. It sounds like it was a truly beautiful experience. Congrats!

September 21st, 2007, 05:02 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in... I saw the pic of Miss Mary Mae in you siggy on the debates board and had to read the birth story! Your little girl is absolutely PERFECT! Too precious! I really enjoyed reading your birth story! Thanks for sharing!

September 21st, 2007, 11:57 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Congratulations!

September 22nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an AMAZING story! Congratulations again!
September 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
congrats

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

September 24th, 2007, 08:24 PM
rose198172's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping over from the Debate boards... congratulations!!

September 25th, 2007, 05:48 PM
~Faith~
What an inspiring birth story, Jennifer! She is absolutely beautiful. God bless you all.
September 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Such a beautiful birth story!

September 26th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an amazing man you have...wow! Wow! What a beautiful birth story! God was surely looking out for sweet little Mary. She is a beautiful baby!
September 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Veteran
What a sweet baby!!!! Congratulations!!!!! September 19th is a lucky day. It is also my birthday and 19 has always been my lucky number!!!!
October 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beesgirl
what a beautiful birth story! thanks for sharing! God was definitely watching over your little one! God bless you all!
October 13th, 2007, 03:42 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
I saw your siggy on the Debate boards so I hopped over to read. What a beautiful birth story!
October 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Regular
Wow, you make giving birth sound so easy and what a great support your husband was. Your daughter will love hearing her birth story someday! Congratulations.
March 14th, 2008, 05:08 AM
DenBic's Avatar Regular
Wow, what a quick amazing birth!
Congrats on your newest LO, though she's been here awhile!
Thanks for sharing!
</div>
October 6th, 2008, 08:01 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
what a lovely story. i'm so glad things worked out so well, especially with that cord knot.
great job!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search