Thanksgiving Desserts

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2010, 10:16 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
I've been trying to rack my brain for the perfect desserts for Thanksgiving, other than the obvious pumpkin pie. The pie would really just be for me though, nobody else in the house eats it and I want to serve some cute mini desserts to guests. Here's my idea, inspired by something I did at work recently. I want to slow cook some apples and make some mini pie crusts. When the apples are done I'll just put them in the crust and top with whipped cream. On the side(small dessert plate should fit all) would be sliced pears with chocolate sauce drizzled over. Anyone else thinking of something besides the norm?

October 6th, 2010, 09:50 AM
happymomof4's Avatar Veteran
Great ideas. I will make the usual--pumpkin and apple pies and cherry cheese cake. My gang would be upset if I didn't make the same thing every year.

Charlotte

October 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah, I'd love to try some different stuff too but my kids all have their fave's and once I make those I already have enough sweets for an army!! LOL

I like to put a twist on things but my kids love the norm. We always end up with pumpkin pie, sweet potatoe pie, carrot cake, cheesecake of some kind and pecan pie!
#12 is on the way
October 10th, 2010, 04:42 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
I know what you guys mean, it's hard to break away from the norm because we all are attached to our fave dishes and look forward to them.. and of course it's hard to add in extras when we are already overwhelmed! I still want a magazine worthy spread on my table though, I blame my inner Martha Stewart.

November 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, love your ideas! Can I come to your house for dessert?

I do pumpkin and pecan pies every year. Sometimes apple pie too.

November 15th, 2010, 11:33 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Those mini pies sound awesome! I love mini anything lol

My big sister wanted my grandmother to make her famous Hummingbird cake... but Grandmother said she didnt want to cook... lol so I offered to make it.. and my sister is like.. you cant make that cake.... So I pulled out the secret recipe my Grandmother gave me on my wedding day... needless to say my sister was mad yet happy at the same time! lmao

Heres a cute idea. My little sis is going to have my boys and her DD help her make these...

Heres the intructions if you are interested!

Festive Desserts Kids Love to Make: No-Bake Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies and Smokin' Volcano Cookies

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
November 18th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
I love pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting or pumpkin flan. My DH's family hated pumpkin pies so I add to a twist to get actually get them to eat pumpkin and they love my cake!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

November 18th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i made carrot cake into cupcakes the other day and they were awesome. you could do mini carrot cupcakes? kinda harvest coloured-ish!

the other thing i thought was mini cherry cheesecakes? goes well with the fruity theme, but is diff from the other two

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search