This week's challenge

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 01:11 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
This will be easy for some of you (aka Brittanie) but I challenge you to come up with a menu for at least three days this week and to share it with us (including recipes).

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Tonight: Spaghetti with homemade meat balls and garlic bread

Meatballs: I'm using deer meat. I'll use an egg and bread crumbs as a binding agent. They'll be seasoned with dieed onion and green pepper, minced garlic, italian, oregano, and crushed red peppers.

Wednesday (Tuesday is dinner at the in-laws): Salmon, sweet potato fries, and a canned veggie.

Thursday: "Beef" over Egg Noodles. This is a childhood fave for me. I'll be using deer instead of beef though since deer is free. Boil meat with the following seasonings: Italian, Oregano, Whole Bay Leaf, Celery Seed, Beef Bullion (sp?), Crushed Red Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Salt. When meat is done remove meat and cook pasta in the flavored water. Drain when pasta is done making sure to pick out and toss the bay leaf. While pasta is cooking make a brown gravy. (I use a packaged gravy by Southern Mills). Serve beef atop egg noodles and covered with gravy.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Last edited by esparando para bebé; December 12th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
December 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
When I do it, I have a magnetic list pad that goes on my fridge, and I write all the dates down for 2 weeks, buy all the stuff, and pretty much just cook whatever I want to from that list that night. It doesn't have to specifically be the dates it's written by. I'll include the links to the online recipes I'm using, but some come from cookbooks

12/14 beef stroganoff
12/15 southwest pasta skillet
12/16 pepper chicken piccata
12/17 Nachos Bell Grande (a homemade take on the Taco Bell dish)
12/18 Balti Butter Chicken
12/19 Asian shredded beef
12/20 pizza
12/21 green pepper chicken
12/22 tomato soup and grilled cheese
12/23 lasagna
12/24 pizza
12/25 chicken cordon bleu
12/26 ribs in the crock pot

December 14th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Umm, I can give you my week's meal plan, but I don't really operate off of recipes. I can look at the for inspiration, but I tend to just cook unless there's an important technique I'm unfamiliar with.

Last week...

Monday - roasted chicken drums, barley and broccoli
Tuesday - beans/rice salad with corn and peppers
Wednesday - spaghetti squash with tomatoes, feta, cucumbers and black olives
Thursday - *dh's office Christmas party
Friday - "sloppy joe's in a bowl" (this turned out AWESOME by the way - so simple and so good)
Saturday - chicken fricasee
Sunday - pork chops, roasted potatoes, cucumber salad

This week...

Monday - three bean chili
Tuesday - roasted vegetable pasta
Wednesday - wings night! I know this one is super easy but I have half a bag of wings in my freezer and a lot of celery and carrots that need to be used.
Thursday - barley/bean salad with spinach and apples
Friday - pork, fried rice and (not sure on the vegetable yet - may do spinach salad and a home-made vinaigrette)
Saturday - we're going out for dinner.
Sunday - breakfast for dinner... breakfast meat was on sale.

Nothing super challenging in the last 2 weeks but it's all yummy. I meal plan all the time, partially so dh knows what to expect and so I have a plan and partially as a budgetary thing.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
December 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont use recipes usually unless its baking. Today will be spaghetti and meatballs-I mix ground beef and bacon sausage. Tomorrow Im going to try baked chicken with a parmesan crust, fingers crossed-no recipe again though I'll look some up for inspiration. Thats all I can plan so far. On friday, my cousin will be arriving. She is moving from another state and will be living with us. She is preggo and glueten free so we'll see what happens in our kitchen over the weekend! I will have chicken thawed though

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search