Kitchens

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
What do you love about your kitchen?

What do you hate about it?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you love about your kitchen? I love everything about my kitchen! When we decided to build our house, I drew up the floor plans so that everything was how we wanted it. I do have to say that my absolute favorite things about my kitchen is my 2 oven stove and my french door fridge with the freezer drawer pull out at the bottom.

What do you hate about it? Can't really think of anything more than I haven't found a good way to organize my pantry.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love: It's brand new!

Hate: It's like walk in closet small.
January 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Like:
- I like that it's big, especially considering we're in a townhouse right now. If I really wanted, and if we planned on staying here long term I could fit a small island in my kitchen.

- The cupboards are a nicer colour and I think the imitation granite is actually nice looking instead of cheap looking. I have a decent amount of cupboard space for a home this size, too.

Dislike:
- Despite being big, it doesn't have much counter space. I do all of my dicing, prepping, baking, mixing, etc. on one little corner of counter top and as much as I appreciate it keeping me cleaning as I go, it gets frustrating.

- Also, for all of the cupboard space, I don't have very much drawer space -- as a matter of fact, I only have 3 drawers in my kitchen. Thankfully, my in-laws gave us a set of drawers that they had and it's sitting in our kitchen housing all of the things that didn't fit into the normal drawers. It's been a blessing.

- The sink isn't very deep and I find myself splashing water onto the floor and counter top somewhat often.

- None of the appliances are what we would have chosen -- the fridge is okay, but the stove is difficult to clean (it's a flat top, but it has a lip around the edge so it's a nightmare trying to wipe everything off of it - everything non-liquid gets caught on the lip) and the dishwasher is small and doesn't do as good of a job getting things clean as we would like.

That being said, we're in a rental that we signed on for with the intention of being here for a pretty short people of time. It's to be expected. One day, we want to build our own home and we're really looking forward to being able to fine-tune that sort of thing. For now, this is just where we are and it's functional, so I'm not too fussed.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
January 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Like: My cool gadgets (not those use-one-time deals but actual useful stuff)

Hate: Size (it's tiny!), lack of cabinet space, and that the previous owners that it'd be a good idea to do all tile and to not even do it well/right

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
like: Counter space! Lots and lots of counter and cabinet space! love it.

dislike: as pretty as they are, the ceramic tile floor. 1) It's brutal to stand on for very long 2) it's slippery if it gets *anything* on it at all and 3) anything I drop breaks. I broke a stoneware plate I'd dropped loads of times on all my linoleum floors. It survived linoleum, but it didn't survive the tile.

January 19th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
like: Counter space! Lots and lots of counter and cabinet space! love it.

dislike: as pretty as they are, the ceramic tile floor. 1) It's brutal to stand on for very long 2) it's slippery if it gets *anything* on it at all and 3) anything I drop breaks. I broke a stoneware plate I'd dropped loads of times on all my linoleum floors. It survived linoleum, but it didn't survive the tile.
I like my stove, we lived here 4 years without a real oven or stove

I dislike my husbands encroaching, it has great counters until his stuff takes over.

January 19th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate my cabinets-they are not even big enough to hold regular sized plates. I had to buy a pantry just to put our dishes somewhere! Our counters are also really small. I can barely use a cutting board. My crockpot barely fits. Our lighting sucks too, and there is very little that we can do about it.

The good thing is that its big enough that I can have a small table by the window, and my standing freezer. My husband also hung an extra modified cabinet for me to have a little more storage.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
January 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
My husband owns a finish carpentry company and knows that kitchens sell houses, and that I HATED the tiny outdated kitchen in our old house. When he built our house, he designed it around the kitchen, and I absolutely LOVE everything about it. My favorite things are probably the cabinets - there are a lot (10 uppers) and he did a staggered height design that I love, and the peninsula bar - we can fit 6 stools at it and guests can talk to me while I cook and can also see the TV. I don't hate anything, but there is a small issue with limited space between the open dishwasher door and the cabinet next to it.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!