Junk Food

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Do you keep it in the house? What are your must haves?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
February 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We try to keep our vices to a minimum. We have soda in the house but we are actively trying to cut back on it and we're doing pretty well with upping our water intake and decreasing the soda intake.

We also get either Tostitos and queso dip (the jarred, it's not even real cheese kind ) or Ruffles and either ranch or onion chip dip once or twice per month. I know it's terrible for us. I know. We can't help it.

On the plus side, that's really the worst of it. We also keep hummus and vegetables on hand, our meals are made from scratch the vast majority of the time and they contain a lot of protein, vegetables and whole grains.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
February 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sadly yes...

We keep pop on hand even though we are trying to cut back. We also have cookies and some chips in the house. Then there is the kids candy they get at different holiday's throughout the year.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Yes, lots. Six month of junk food. Chocolate, gold fish, cheetos hot for my teenager, jellybeans, gummi stuff whatever we have it... except oddly no cookies.

March 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
We don't keep much. He keeps soda at work and I take some to work, but that's the only constant thing.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have some coke. I guess my junk food that we eat would be hot air popped pop corn with lots of salt and ghee.. We used to have more in the house but since Orion is getting older I have been more careful to model healthy eating habits. I also keep a secret chocolate stash. I do bake alot and try to make my own junk food not quite so junky.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search