Just a little whine... *updated*

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
When dh and I first met, he was living in NC. When I stayed with him for long visits (as in several weeks to a few months - for those who don't know, I'm from Ontario and we underwent an immigration process to move me here legally) we would use a lot of the cooking equipment he just kind of had (things his ex didn't take with her when she left), but neither of us liked it. Apart from the emotional issues surrounding not having our own things, neither of us liked non-stick, and we especially didn't like non-stick that had been used by someone who didn't know how to take care of it.

We started replacing items one at a time through an online retailer that sold industrial grade stainless steel cookware. It worked for us because a) we could buy items as we needed them instead of buying a full set somewhere that included things we may not have even wanted and b) they're high quality but quite low cost to what you would pay for that level of quality at a store like BB&B or a department store because they don't have a celebrity name on them.

In the chaos of finishing up paperwork and dh's move from NC to GA, then my move from Ontario to GA, then both of our move into our new place and then the holiday season, we hadn't finished replacing our kitchen equipment. We had no frying pans (we left the old ones in NC) but we do have an electric skillet so I had been using that. Finally, after burning myself for the umpteenth time and being frustrated by the stupid thing taking up all my counter space every time I want to do something as simple as fry an egg, we ordered two frying pans a couple of weekends ago.

I will say that this particular retailer is very open about the fact that it takes awhile to receive products from them. It takes up to 6 bus. days for products to leave their warehouse, and then another 4-6 bus. days to ship. Today is bus. day 6, and I hopped onto the tracking to see if our frying pans were on their way here yet and was heartbroken to read that they were still at the warehouse.

We're still within the normal range of time. I'm just grumpy that they aren't here yet. I really want scrambled eggs this morning. *pout*

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; March 8th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
March 5th, 2012, 06:04 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!! I hate hopping on to see where an order is just to see it isn't shipped yet. I hope they get them shipped and they arrive at your house soon!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm sorry it's taking so long. I get really impatient when I've ordered something!

Would you care to share a link to the company?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
March 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Restaurant Supplies | Restaurant Equipment | FoodServiceWarehouse.com

For all of the waiting they make you do, I have been impressed with the products we've bought from them and I was definitely impressed with their level of customer service when something went wrong with one of our orders.

March 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
Restaurant Supplies | Restaurant Equipment | FoodServiceWarehouse.com

For all of the waiting they make you do, I have been impressed with the products we've bought from them and I was definitely impressed with their level of customer service when something went wrong with one of our orders.
Thank you! We've been wanting to replace some bakeware but it's nearly impossible to find any in the stores without a coating.

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
March 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
No problem! We got a couple of baking sheets (they're quality aluminum) from them in 2010 and we have been super impressed with how evenly they carry heat and how easy to clean they are.

March 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks for sharing the site with us Kayla!!

March 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Yesterday was business day 8 and our order was still being displayed as "at warehouse". We contacted the company and I just received an email that says the following...

Quote:
Greetings Kayla,

I am very sorry for the delay and the frustration you've had to deal with due to the delay of your orders with our company.

I spoke with our partner warehouse, PrimeSource (who distributes Browne-Halco's items to us) who has advised me that unfortunately, they are no longer fulfilling these items. So although they are still available through Browne-Halco, they are no longer available through our distributor and the order has been cancelled. It's unfortunate that this information was not provided to us earlier than now, several weeks later. I've looked into some substitutes for you and here's what I've come up with:
And then she listed a few options. I'm bummed. The site organizes products by 'economy' (lower quality, lower price), 'best value' (medium quality, medium price) and 'premium' (obviously, best quality, most $$). The products we wanted were in the middle category, and apparently if you want stainless steel that's the *only* company who supplies middle category rated pieces. So now we have to figure out if we want to order the lower quality items or if we want to spend more on the pricer items, *or* if we want to look somewhere else altogether.

I'm disappointed. I just want my saute pans. That's all.

March 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
That sucks. I'm sorry.

March 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
That really sucks! So sorry they discontinued carrying them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search