Tuesday Treasures

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
What is your favorite item in your kitchen?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
April 3rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my oven! It is one of the free standing ones with a glass top and 2 ovens to cook in (one smaller and one larger).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 4th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Right now, can I say my grill? Technically it's outside but I'm LOVING being able to use it again. There is nothing quite like grilled food.

If that doesn't count, my ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt maker is my other current favourite item.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm jealous Kayla! I would so love to be able to grill right now, but our grill isn't working right. We can't get it to get warmer than the "warm" stage on the heat dial.

April 7th, 2012, 09:35 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
I'm jealous Kayla! I would so love to be able to grill right now, but our grill isn't working right. We can't get it to get warmer than the "warm" stage on the heat dial.
what kind of grill do you have? if it's propane you might have tripped your regulator which means you aren't getting enough gas. There should be a part in your manual that tells you how to fix that.. but if you don't have it and it IS propane send me a pm and I'll give you the instructions.

Oh, remove and clean inside your burners too... lil things like spiders LOVE propane and build inside them... so you don't get propane and risk blowing the thing up!

edit* you can trip a natural gas grill too. They're easier to fix, disconnect the hose from the gas connection AND grill and leave it to "bleed" (aka air out). While it has no gas, turn on the BBQ with the cover open (all knobs) and leave it to air for a bit and then try again.

(did this for a job for 9 months )

April 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks Ashley! We have a propane grill. I wouldn't be surprised if it needs a good cleaning. (DH doesn't think that grills need to be cleaned, so it hasn't been in a long time. ) DH and the guys borrow it every year for pheasant season and always return it in a mess. It was shortly after they used it last fall that it started not working right. Any good tips for getting all that grime off of all the parts? Definitely need to look for spiders in it too as we have had spiders something terrible last fall and this spring. Definitely don't want to blow the thing up! Thanks again!! Very much appreciated!

April 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
soap and water and the same kind of kitchen sponge you'd use on a teflon pan and a whole lotta patience.

But yes, def take out the burners. You'll need a special brush. I forget the name, but it's kinda like a really long bottle brush that's designed for bbq's, they're like $5-$10 at home depot.

Depending on what type of burner you actually have. (if it's the big single burner shaped like an H) you may just want to buy a universal and replace the burner ($30). If it's the lil U shaped ones, give them a good internal cleaning and then poke a needle into the holes.

Good way to get hubby on board. If you don't clean it, you can be using the BBQ and have fire come back at you through the knobs. I'm sure he wouldn't want you getting hurt right?

Working for this company (I worked for several all at once including Coleman and Cusinart, which make $700 bbq's) I learned just how little I'd known about a bbq and how to take care of it. My family loved it, they'd been replacing bbq's when they went to low heat when all they needed to do was unplug the tank, turn the burners to high for a few min, then shut it off and plug the tank back in.

Biggest mistake people make is cranking the propane tank open. You don't get any more propane from a half turn, than you do from 3 turns. The regulator prevents it.. but turning it on full actually causes the regulator to clamp down and you get LESS gas and low heat. Slowly turn it 1/2 rotation is all you really need

(and manuals explain this, but no one reads them)

April 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Just realized I never answered.

I love my stainless steel skillets.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search