craveings that take to long

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok so im not even sure where to post this with so many boards but its mostly about food so i figured here would work. Im getting craveings for foods that take so long to cook by the time there ready dont want them anymore. Things like potroast brisket and homemade chili an im starting to get ticked off becuse i put so much time into it then it just sits there.

I mostly just end up eating yougert and microwaveable chicken patties becuse its the only thing i still want by the time its done and scrambled eggs with sausage have gotten really good latly. the boyfriend is being a great help he makes at least 1 real meal a day like today was a delicios pork bell pepper an onion stir fry with garlic and ginger. im starting to think hes a better cook then me lol.

but i still fell guilty becuse its great at first but halfway through i just dont want it even though i still feel hungry.

im not sure what to do are craveings becuse you need specific things and your body subconcesly knows what foods have them or is it just some kind of weird thing. like if im craveing something is it actually important that i eat it or should i just eat whats avaliable? also if i just "have to have something" is it ok to get the stoffers microwaveable version i heard prepackaged meals dont really have the right nutriants for pregnancy but it cant be that bad to have them as long as its not the only thing your eating right?

also i was wondering if any of you have a quick go to food for those moment when you go im starving even though you just ate.
April 9th, 2012, 08:02 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel about cravings that take too long. When I was pregnant with my son I craved Perkins salad quite often....bad part about that was that the nearest Perkins is over an hour away. I tried to substitute other salads, but they just weren't the same. I also had the problem of having a craving and by the time I was done making said item I wasn't hungry for it anymore. (I think it was because I had to smell it the whole time I was cooking it.)

If you crave the same things often, you could always fix it and then store some of it in individual serving size containers in the fridge or freezer so that you could just grab one and heat it up.

I'm not sure about the cravings being nutritional needs or just being a weird thing. I've heard both ways. So not much help there. As for just having to have something, I would say eating the microwaveable stuff is probably fine in moderation.

I "tried" to snack on veggies, fruit, and yogurt when I had those starving moments after I just ate. Didn't always go that way though.

Sorry I'm not much more help. I hope some of the other girls might be able to give you some more advice.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 9th, 2012, 02:05 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé

If you crave something often I'd make it ahead of time and then you can just heat it up. My last pregnancy I craved meatballs regularly so I would make a big batch and then just reheat them.

I also turn to fruit and dried cereal in those moments I'm starving after recently eating.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search