Just not feeling it

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
... cooking that is.

It gets so hot cooking dinner and since I got my BFP in the beginning of June I just don't want to smell anything cooking. Oh yeah I wanna eat but not cook. I'd love to love off of drive through but there is no A/C in my car or money in my pocket.

So I bit the bullet and made a menu for two months. On the first we went shopping and bought all the trapping of all the dinners we are going to eat for the next 2 months. Now seven days later I have ONE meal left to cook and freeze. So everything is set in the freezer and I just have rto smell it as it nukes and heck anyone can do that while I hide from the smell.

I was too lazy to take pictures but here is our menu:

Dr. pepper Ribs
Steak (was on sale)
Egg plant Stew
Fajitas
Cashew Chicken
Pizza
Spaghetti with meat balls

Taco salad/nachos
Steak
Beef Burgundy
Open
Aspargus beef
Pizza
Hanburgers

I was goi9ng to have Chile Verde but changed my mind at the grocery store so i still need a meal... Or not I might just buy chicken nuggest for us.

July 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel you, I have been so uninspiried lately too. I haven't felt like cooking either, it gets STUPID hot in our house. I bought a counter top grill and a rice cooker to try to combat the heat but still don't really feel like cooking. We have been eating out WAY too much lately... I haven't even bothered to make my meal plans... I need to get back to doing so.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
July 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
To add insult to injury Beau is off of all dairy and wheat... So fun. Not that he eats anything I cook but just in case it happens...

July 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ugh, I've been in that kind of funk lately too. We've been in our new house and I have a lot more kitchen space, but I've been so tired from all of the moving and so busy with my dsc and putting the finishing touches on our formal wedding (less than two weeks to go! Yikes!) that I'm just not feeling it. I have cooked anyway and pulled out some yummy meals but I just haven't been able to really enjoy it yet. I've also been unable to use our grill because we've been battling wasps, and it's just way too likely that I'll be attacked if I go out there at that time of day. I think we've temporarily caught some reprieve from them so I hope it lasts.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search