home made mcmuffins!!

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
First Timer!!!
anyone made these before? (keep in mind im a super newb with cooking anything ,,, i was raised with microwaved food so using ANYTHING real to cook is like a triumph for me LOL)

here someone makes them using a cupcake tin

http://moneysavingqueen.com/December...s-Freeze-Them/

that looks super yummy

i myself have taken a spagettios can . cut it in half ....... just be sure to fold down the sharp edges of the top (part you cut) with like pliers

put the non sharp/ nonfolded edges side down .. crack an egg in it an there you go

id fer sure use some spray or butter on the pan though since sticking to the bottom might cause you some issues

anyone done these before ? was it a hit with the family?

(PS .. i LOVE egg mcmuffins but before i had my son i was NEVER up to buy them in time since mcdonalds only serves them til like 11am!! so i would buy like 4 when i actually was .. eat two and stick two in the fridge ... when you reheat them in the oven OMG sooo tasty !! so you can have more later ... i myself just threw them in the oven with the paper wrap still on .... as long as you only leave them in for a few mins your in no danger of the paper burning and it was plenty of heat to make it all warm and the cheese gooey again!!)
September 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've actually never had an egg McMuffin (we don't eat at McDonalds....even if we did, the closest one is 1 1/2 hours away). I have seen a lot of articles where people used muffin tins to cook their eggs. I have some metal rings with handles that I bought to cook my eggs in the skillet (similar to using a can with the bottom cut off). I find with my rings though, that I have to hold them down until the egg has cooked part way or it seeps under the ring. I have yet to try the muffin tin thing. I know that my DH loves when I make what we call ham, egg and cheese sandwiches (using English muffins) and I think they are really easy to make.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search