Meal planning Site/App

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the organization blogs I am subscribed to has a meal planning monday post every week. I just realized last week that she links to a site/app that is supposed to make meal planning much easier! I went to check it out and I think it looks pretty cool! It is called Plan to Eat. It costs to use it, but it really does look like it would really simplify things! You can save old meal plans and tweaks to recipes. You can upload your own recipes or pin ones from other sites. Here is what I think is really cool...When you create your meal plan, it automatically creates a shopping list from the ingredients! I'm really thinking about giving this a try! DH is always talking about "There has to be a simpler way for you to meal plan" and this looks like it would really simplify it (easier than his trying to create an Excel sheet because he is sure there is a way to do it). Here is a link to the Plan to Eat site: Plan to Eat - Menu Planner & Grocery List Software

What are your thoughts?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Veteran
Just checked it out! It is pretty cool and would simplfy my life instead of all the handwritting I do for menus and shopping lists. I love how it categorizes canned good, etc on your shopping lists. Not sure I like the $4.95/mo fee tho. Not that I would expect if for free either.

October 15th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I checked out what the discount would be if you paid for a whole year...It would be $3.25 a month for a savings of $1.70 each month.

DH gave me a huge go ahead to give it a try. I'm thinking about subscribing for a month (Using the 30 day free trial) and if I like it go ahead and subscribe for a year.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; October 16th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
October 17th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I signed up for my free trial yesterday as I needed to get my meal plan for the next 2 weeks done. It definitely doesn't save you time the first time you use it as you have to figure out how it all works and with entering recipes. But I can definitely see how using it down the road can save you time! So far I am liking it! LOVED how it came up with a grocery list for me and how you can check off ingredients as you purchase them using your phone! I didn't get to play with the repeat meals feature as I either couldn't find it or it is only available with the purchased version. Also LOVE their bookmarklet feature! Makes it sooooo easy to copy recipes into your account...big reduction in typing!!

November 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Just thought I would update my thoughts on this site...

I LOVE this site!!! Just signed up for a full year! Each time I use it it gets easier and I can see just how simple it is going to be once I get all my recipes entered! It's also sooooo easy to import recipes from the web into the recipe book! I've planned 6 weeks worth of meals in a lot less time than it was taking me to write it all out before. And the fact it produces a shopping list is so wonderful! Love love love it!!

November 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's really cool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search