Two for Tuesday 10/30/12

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2012, 09:11 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you eat out?
What are some of your favorite places to eat out at?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 30th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Veteran
We eat out a few times a month for a variety of reasons and they are all planned in advance.

We can't eat many places because I'm Gluten-free and C is Dairy-free. But a couple of places that are good for us is Outback Steakhouse, Sweet Tomatoes, Doc Greens, O'Charley's, and Longhorn Steakhouse. Someplaces are ok if I'm just getting a salad but for the most part I can't even sit in some restaurants.

October 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't eat out very often. When we go to the big towns we like to eat at Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Famous Daves, and Cracker Barrel.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 31st, 2012, 04:26 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
How often do you eat out? Maybe twice a month. When we do our big Walmart trip we eat McDonalds, when we go into the city for Sam's we eat at Sam's club.

What are some of your favorite places to eat out at? OMG we ONLY eat at Sams and McDonalds. I am sick of McDonalds. Ours is at Walmart so I buy a deli sandwich and the kids share a big kids meal. Beau is GF so he eats french fries at McDonlads even though they are contaminated by the chicken nuggets and a hot dog that isn't in a bun at Sam's club. I talked my DH isnto eating at Wendy's and he hated it.

November 1st, 2012, 06:57 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Beau is GF so he eats french fries at McDonlads even though they are contaminated by the chicken nuggets [/B]
I can't eat at McD's because of that very reason! I'll get drinks there and maybe their salads if it is pre-packaged without the croutons, etc. My symptoms are severe joint and muscle pain, extreme fatigue, and brain fog when I am gluten-contaminated - and it lasts for weeks when I do get contaminated (even from touching it).

Last edited by 8forus; November 1st, 2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: grammar and mechanics!
November 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8forus View Post
I can't eat at McD's because of that very reason! I'll get drinks there and maybe their salads if it is pre-packaged without the croutons, etc. My symptoms are severe joint and muscle pain, extreme fatigue, and brain fog when I am gluten-contaminated - and it lasts for weeks when I do get contaminated (even from touching it).
I can't even imagine! Beau doesn't have Celiac disease, but he might be Autistic and we are just trying to take it easy on his digestion. At least i hope he doesn't have celiacs disease but being barely two and not talking it is hard to know if it has any ill effects on him.

November 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
It used to be maybe once per month. Since September, it's been closer to once every week (and a couple of times more ). I've started a new, full-time job and we've both been sick and exhausted so it's been a little rough keeping up with cooking proper meals during the week.

If we want something REALLY fast we'll grab Burger King (it's closest to us for fast food). There's a Beef O' Brady's down the street that we've gone to a couple of times too, and a Mexican place called Laguna Grill or something like that that's also pretty good for the cost. For special occasions we like The Melting Pot or hibachi (although we have to be particular about hibachi restaurants because I have a peanut allergy and some will use peanut oil to cook in), but we have a couple of independent fine dining restaurants we really enjoy too.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search