Kitchen Appliances and Breadmakers....

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a lot of "counter top" kitchen appliances?
Do they all stay on your counter or do they have a cupboard or drawer that they are kept in until you want to use them?
How often do they get used?
Are there any that you wonder why you have them (since you really don't use them)?

------------------------------------

Do you have one?
Do you use it a lot?
What do you/don't you like about it?
What are some of your favorite recipes to use with your bread maker?
If you don't have one, do you want one?

Last edited by babyloves2dance; November 5th, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
November 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Most of them stay in cabinets. My Kitchen Aid mixer stays out, and so do the toaster and the kettle, but that's about it. The crockpot is under our counter and is used fairly often. I have an ice cream maker that's stored on a high shelf because I'm not using it much in the winter and we also have a blender that we'd like to use more but that needs a quick repair first. I have a waffle iron and an electric skillet that don't get a lot of use but they serve their purposes and I have no plans to get rid of them.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
November 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Oops... meant to post this one on the Housekeeping board. Oh well. It works here too!

Do you have a lot of "counter top" kitchen appliances? A few.
Do they all stay on your counter or do they have a cupboard or drawer that they are kept in until you want to use them? Only the microwave, toaster and can opener are on the counter. Everything else is in a deep drawer in the kitchen.
How often do they get used? The 3 on the counter get used all the time. The ones in the drawer....once in a blue moon. Except the crock pots and small fryer, they are stored in a drawer and get used fairly often.
Are there any that you wonder why you have them (since you really don't use them)? Yep. I have a meat processor that hasn't been used in a few years. The dehydrator hasn't been used since we lived in our old house. I also have a used (garage sale find) ice cream maker that my MIL got me for my birthday...she didn't give me any instructions with it so not sure exactly how to use that one. Am really thinking about getting rid of that one and getting a new one with some instructions (not even sure if the one she got me runs).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; November 5th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
November 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Veteran
Do you have one?
Yes.

Do you use it a lot?
I used to. Then I found this awesome recipe for no-knead bread. Then I found out I'm allergic to gluten.... so there went my glory days of baking bread.

What do you/don't you like about it?
I didn't like the fact that the paddle left a "paddle hole" in the finished product. I also didn't like that the loaves were cylindrical (like kulich) rather than laying down like "typical" loaf bread.
What I did like was that I could put all my ingredients in there and forget about it.

What are some of your favorite recipes to use with your bread maker?
Sourdough and Sweet breads

If you don't have one, do you want one?
n/a

November 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM
You ladies are just too quick and on the ball for me! LOL! I posted the thread about kitchen appliances (which I meant to post on the housekeeping board) and while I was editing it to the post I meant to post here Kayla answered the questions....yet I didn't see that till later. I came on to check the boards and noticed her reply so decided to switch it back and start a new thread for the other question, but while I was editing that one 8forus answered the 2nd question! LOL! So I have now edited the first post to show both questions! LOL!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search