Thanksgiving meals

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you hosting a Thanksgiving this year?
If not, are you fixing anything to take to a Thanksgiving get together?
What is your favorite Thanksgiving meal?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Are you hosting a Thanksgiving this year? Nope
If not, are you fixing anything to take to a Thanksgiving get together? We have 3 Thanksgivings to go to this year - DH's mom's side, My mom's side, and my dad's side. To all 3 I am going to bring a copy cat recipe of Texas Roadhouse cinnamon honey butter and bbq little smokies (mostly for my picky eater). To DH's mom's side and my dad's side I am also taking green bean casserole and then to my mom's side I am taking Cherry Salad.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving meal? Turkey, ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes topped with my mom's chicken and noodles, stuffing and pumpkin pie!

November 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
First Timer!!!
Are you hosting a Thanksgiving this year? no ... sadly a family member decided to do it at her house even though we always do it at mine ... well i wasnt told til to late ... dismissed my thanksgiving and was a tad sad about it .. either way my parents are doing it early on thanksgiving AND i have to work on thanksgiving (i babysit my sisters three kids while having my own one year old with me as well) SoooOOoooo i have to be in that area anyways for work so i just decided instead of going back n forth fer the other side of the family we will just have something quick at my moms ... two hours or so before my sis goes to work.. thing is im not hungry early in the day so not sure ill eat all that much .. maybe i can take some leftovers lol

If not, are you fixing anything to take to a Thanksgiving get together? DH might make his baked mac n cheese which is EASY as heck but SOOOO tasty .. i found it on jm's actually im not sure where from but its super tasty.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving meal?traditional i guess .. turkey (whole thing so you can have light and dark meat) stuffing . we do stove top LOL not family made one though ... greenbeans .. (i put garlic salt and butter on them) baked mac n cheese

... i dont eat that cranberry stuff though i always put it out for others .... gravy MMmmMMmm all over mashed potatoes and pretty much everything else ... OH and newly added to my list would be that sweet potatoes dish with brown sugar and marshmallows baked together OMG must have!!

OH and a bowl of black olives just chillen randomly on the table .. i duno why but its always been apart of the meal for my family ... not sure it thats a common thing to have out.

id love green bean casserole but ive never made it and itd have to be a REALLY REALLY easy recipe or id fer sure mess it up
November 20th, 2012, 08:17 AM
That bites that they planned a Thanksgiving without talking to you about it. So sorry. We always have a veggie tray with black olives on it too.

Here is the green bean casserole that I have started using. It's slightly different than the traditional recipe as it uses cheddar cheese soup and bacon bits instead of cream of mushroom. I think it is pretty easy to throw together where everything is canned.

Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole

Source: www.cooks.com
Ingredients
  • 2 (16 oz.) can green beans drained
  • 1 (11 oz.) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 (2.8 oz.) can French fried onion rings divided
  • 1 (2 oz.) jar bacon bits divided (Hormel)
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, combine beans, soup, milk, 1/2 can onions, 1/2 jar of bacon bits and pepper. Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining onions and bacon bits. Bake 5 minutes longer. Serves 6.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; November 20th, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search