Im going nuts!

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
wow this is stressing me out ! lol Im even having dreams about it its out of control i think i have ocd lol
Ok well first of all my sons bday is july 5th we're planning to throw the party on july 1st.
We're doing a toy story 2 theme because its his favorite movie on earth and he has every character toy and LOVES them to death so i think hes gonna go nuts when he sees those decorations. Well problem number one is they dont sell toy story decor anymore Only buzz lightyear. And while Buzz is his favorite i really wanted to do the whole gang! So finally i found it all on ebay yippeeee (of course twice the price that it should be ) but whatever. Now We're going tomorrow to look at these two indoor play places cuz obviously july 1st in los angeles is way too hot for an outdoor party especially for babies in my opinion.

NOW IM OBSESSING ABOUT THE CAKE !!! THe cake is the finishing touch and to me is the most important.. am i having a tad bit of OCD here? I mean who really cares it seems silly theres gonna be a bunch of two year olds! but i want a GREAT toy story cake thats going to make his eyes pop out of his head when he sees it !!! Someone posted the CakeCentral link which was amazing!! Great cakes on there.

But in your opinion how much should i be paying for a cake ?
I really want something 3-d and awesome.
I've been lookin for more pics but cant find anything great. Any suggestions? Anyone ever have or see a good toy story cake ? By the way i need to feed about 40 people how big a cake am i lookin at ? What flavor would you suggest for kids ? something simple i guess? Can u tell im losing it ? lol

<blockquote><blockquote><blockquote>

</blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
April 14th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Innocentlildevil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Innocentlildevil
Any suggestions? Yep! Look online or in the phone book for local independent cake decorators in your area and make a few calls. A good one will probably make you a custom cake however you want it.

Anyone ever have or see a good toy story cake ? Nope and if you didn't find one at Cake Central I don't know where else to tell ya to go! Sorry!

By the way i need to feed about 40 people how big a cake am i lookin at ?
I usually have 40 people and Half a sheet cake usually gets mine all feed. But of course a lot of people don't eat the cake anyway.

What flavor would you suggest for kids ? White

Can u tell im losing it ? Only cause I've been there before!!!!

HTH!
April 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via MSN to JensJulyBoy05 Send a message via Yahoo to JensJulyBoy05
LOL thanks I emailed a few people in my area on cake central other than that i cant find any independent bakers online. All the bakery's here are insane i was quoted $800-900 for a cake LOL Don't wanna go that route we shall see. THanks for the response!

April 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
Since you're feeding a crowd of 40 you may want to go the cupcake route. I know for my DD's first birthday we will have a cake for her to destroy and then two cupcake tiers on each side of the cake.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

April 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Quote:
LOL thanks I emailed a few people in my area on cake central other than that i cant find any independent bakers online. All the bakery's here are insane i was quoted $800-900 for a cake LOL Don't wanna go that route we shall see. THanks for the response![/b]
OMG! That much for a cake?!? Those people are insane! Ive seen wedding cakes that cost a quater of that price!
April 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah some of the bakeries here have truly lost it lol Its Los Angeles so it figures. But the private bakers on cake central have been pretty awesome thought theyve given me way more options and quoted me way better prices! so im excited now lol

April 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Yay! I'm glad! I love cake central!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search