Food & Drinks

Forum: Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Innocentlildevil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Innocentlildevil
This is a thread dedicated to food, drinks, and menus! If its not self explanatory please include a recipe!

I'll start:

Finger foods-

Pepperoni and cheese cubes: I usually wrap a pepperoni around the cheese and hold it together with a toothpick. These go really quick!

Ham rolls: Ham slices (like lunch meat kind) with cream cheese rolled and sliced (a green onion in the middle is optional and very yummy!)

Pinwheels: There are so many varieties (unfortunately I don't know how to make these!)

Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad or Lunch meat finger sandwhiches

Fruit kabobs or Fruit tray w/ Fruit dip

Fruit dip recipie:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
7 oz. marshmallow creme

Mix and its yummy lol

Veggie Tray with a couple diff dips
April 16th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Tinabeana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Tinabeana
Usually for birthday parties we make home made Pizza... In the winter

Stuffed Cabbage

Hot sauage

Lasgana

Potoatoe lasgana

Shells stuffed with Ham Cheese and some type of Veggie ( These are always a big hit with kids and adults ( I even make it for dinner sometimes)

Now summer food
Hambugers and hot dogs

Ham BBQ
Chipped ham
BBQ sauce
Relish
dash of pepsi
some Ketchup

Taco Dip
packet of taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, leatucce, tomatoes, cheese, hot peppers... I layer it in a pie pan--- mixture then some the other ingreds.. then repeat and top with cheese

Chicken Fitja's

spainsh dip-- follow directions on back of knorrs mix

Make a taco Bar which is easy--- just like taco's but make alot and set it up as a buffet..

Meat Ball hogies with potatoe salad

Broccoli Salad
4-5 cups Broccoli flowerettes
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 lb. bacon, fried and chopped
Dressing (below)
Combine all ingredients except dressing. For dressing, combine 1 cup Miracle Whip (no substitutions), 2 Tablespoons vinegar, and 6 Tablespoons sugar. Mix well, and pour over salad ingredients. Mix. Chill and serve.

punch-- i use some frozen fruit such as rasberrys and some gingerale and some sorbet and sometimes i add some juice (hawian punch)

Deserts besides the cake
Dirt
oreo's all crushed up
cream cheese
vanilla pudding (2 small boxes)
milk
Some gummie worms
(kids love it and its very easy too make)

Pretzel jello salad
Pretzels all crushed up with some suger and butter bake for 10 mins
then make mixture with sugar and cream cheese some cool whip mix together then make strawberry jellow poor over mixture and then add some fresh or frozen strawberrys and put in fridge..

Banana cream pie
vanilla wafers
vanilla pudding and banana's and cool whip or dream whip.
When I think of more Ill just add more
HTH!!!!!
Happy party planning!!!!!
For recipies just give me a PM didnt want too take up too much space!

April 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Taco Dip
packet of taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, leatucce, tomatoes, cheese, hot peppers... I layer it in a pie pan--- mixture then some the other ingreds.. then repeat and top with cheese[/b]

I have been looking for this FOREVER!!! I called it the You can't tell there isn't any meat Taco Salad!!!! So you mis the seasoning and cream cheese and layer the sour cream? Or do you mix the sour cream too?...
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
April 17th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Tinabeana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Tinabeana
Quote:
Quote:
Taco Dip
packet of taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream, leatucce, tomatoes, cheese, hot peppers... I layer it in a pie pan--- mixture then some the other ingreds.. then repeat and top with cheese[/b]

I have been looking for this FOREVER!!! I called it the You can't tell there isn't any meat Taco Salad!!!! So you mis the seasoning and cream cheese and layer the sour cream? Or do you mix the sour cream too?...
[/b]

You combine the Cream cheese, sour cream and Taco seasoning abd mix together then Layer that at the bottome of the pie pan then add lett, toms, black olives (if you like them) hot peppers and cheese then s tart the mix again and repeat the layers....

April 17th, 2007, 09:57 PM
dani.'s Avatar [ missing my soldier ]
Finger Foods:

Veggie Platter w/ranch dip
Fruit Platter w/fruit dip
Mini-Sandwiches (chicken salad, tuna salad, pimento cheese, ham, turkey, pb & j) - if you're doing a themed party you can use a cookie cutter to cut them
Rotel
Mini Weenies
Shrimp
Cookies/Brownies/Candy bowl
Nuts
Fondue (cheese/chocolate/fruit)
Chicken Wings (variety)
Muffins
Cheese, Cracker, and Sasauge Platter
I try to stick a toothpick in everything if possible.

mommy to
dakota [05.03.06] & dash [08.24.10]

April 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Innocentlildevil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Innocentlildevil
Quote:
Mini-Sandwiches (chicken salad, tuna salad, pimento cheese, ham, turkey, pb & j) - if you're doing a themed party you can use a cookie cutter to cut them[/b]
I love the cookie cutter idea! I have tons and this will work great with Mandy's theme!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search