Some articles on ultrasound safety

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By krissy1989

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth Information and Articles of Interest LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Ultrasound may effect fetal brains: study

The Dangers of Prenatal Ultrasound

Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase in Autism - by Caroline Rodgers

Last edited by moon~maiden; March 31st, 2010 at 09:56 AM.
February 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Case-control study of prenatal ultrasonography exposure in children with delayed speech.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 2nd, 2013, 05:07 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I found this incredibly interesting! I had a much higher than normal rate of ultrasounds with my first born because of first-trimester spotting, and because I believed it was safe. I had I think 8 or 9 ultrasounds total throughout my pregnancy (including the 30-minute 3D/4D one you pay for) and my son has had a huge speech delay. He is now in speech therapy at 3.5 years old, and is finally on the level of a 2.5 year old. I thank the Divine that this is his ONLY issue; he is otherwise extremely intelligent and above his peers in other ways. I always wondered if that many ultrasounds were good for a baby. I had blamed vaccinations for his speech delay, and stopped vaccinating him completely at 15 months old.

With my second son, I only had I think 3 ultrasounds total, and DID NOT pay for the 30-minute ultrasound. He has also never been vaccinated, but for more reasons than just the fear of speech delay. His speech is above average.

Definitely makes a person wonder. I'm currently expecting again and plan to only have the initial ultrasound and the anatomy scan.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
November 14th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Multiple U/S with #1 (afp scan, false positive, Downs fear).

Then I read this thread so with...:

#2 just the 20wk scan and that was it.

With this one we'll only do the 20wk scan as well.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search