I have questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Generally Crispy
After we found out we lost our baby, we have decided to let things happen nautrally. Its been a week and a few days since I was first told. Aside from that, I think the baby was gone a week before that. But nothing has happened. I have read as much as I can about this and everything I have read says I will cramp and bleed and probably be uncomfortable. I havent really had any of that. I have had minor red bleeding and two small blood clots. It lasted for a extrememly short amount of time (like a matter of minutes) I know the baby has not passed.

I am begining to think maybe I should check to see what other options are availalable. I am terrified to have a D & C. I have never been fearful of any other operation (and I have had lots...and IVF 7 times) so it isnt just an issue of it being my reproductives.

Should I be worried?
Are there any other options to make this happen?
June 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Generally Crispy
It looks like something did end up happening tuesday night. I started bleeding heavily and the bleeding just kept getting worse and worse. As gross as it may sound, blood was just pouring out. I ended up going to my doctors office without and appointment and from the doctors office I was taken over to the hospital and in an operating room within an hour. They ended up removing the contents of my uterus. I am feeling much getter today. I have been asleep something since yesterday. My throat hurts very badly and my voice is very hoarse but I am doing better.
June 5th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Veteran
Oh, I'm so sorry! That sounds scary! I'm so glad you went in right away and they got you in for the d&c immediately. I didn't have bleeding like that and I'm grateful, I would have panicked. Did everything go okay during surgery? I'm sure your throat is so sore from the tube. I'm glad you're feeling better today, please take it easy and keep us updated on how you're doing. I hope your physical recovery is quick.

June 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tracalyn Send a message via MSN to tracalyn Send a message via Yahoo to tracalyn

I'm sorry you had to go through that experience. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I agree with the previous poster, I would have panicked as well. If you need/want to chat, feel free to PM me again whenever.

June 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Generally Crispy
When it was all happening I was so out of it that I wasnt even seeing how serious it all was. I had called my doctor the day before and left a message with the nurse and she called me back Wednesday morning. Had it not been for her call, I would have just gone to sleep. So I am glad she called when she did. When I got to the doctors office the doctor checked me out and got me into the OR. I have 3 small inscisions on my belly really low to the pelvic bone. I didnt even know they were there until today. They have tape over them. I think there might be a stictch or two in them. I dont know what they were for or why they did that yet. I will ask when I go back to see my doctor again. There must have been a good reason why they would do that tho. Yesteraday I felt pretty good, but today I dont. I didnt get out of bed until after 3:00. I'm glad I have a hubby that helps out. I feel really drained today. I actually had a hair brained idea that I was going to go to work today. I am glad I didnt. I am very tired. When I came out of surgery I woke up screaming and crying. I think they gave me something to shut me up. I dont think I am dealing with the emotional aspect of this very well. I feel okay one minute and the next minute I am screaming and crying.
June 6th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to amy2008

I am so sorry you have gone through this. I have just been told I have had my 4th miscarriage at 8 weeks. With my 3rd, I had a D&C. Physically I didn't feel all the side affects they tell you to expect. I bled for a week or two but that was about it. I think the emotional effects drain you physically as much as the procedure does. It sounds like they did a laproscopy (sp?) if you have incisions. Mine was completely vaginal, so I guess I can't comment on your physical signs. But the emotional aftermath is nothing anyone can prepare you for. If they give you drugs, take them. I took them and was grateful every time I swallowed it and got to disappear into sleep. Everyone deals with it differently and don't let anyone tell you what is right or wrong. This is going to suck for a long time, I am sorry to say. But eventually, you do get through the darkest times. For me, there is an empty spot in my heart for each of my babies. I ache to know what their smiles would have looked like - would they have been funny? Would she have my eyes or her dads? That is the hardest part about losing a child before they were born. You have nothing but hopes and dreams and heartbreak. Find something to honor that child. I have planted a lilac bush for each of mine - seeing those blooms in the springs brings tears and a eventually a smile when I smell that sweet, soothing scent. It is almost a memorial garden - I can't tell you how many times I go there and just talk to the babies...how I miss them and what I am doing. I am so sorry you are now part of this horrific "club". My heart breaks for all of us who experience this.

My Angels:
Hope - m/c 10/5/04
Junior - m/c 1/31/06
Baby - m/c 1/27/08
May - d&c/lap/tube removal 6/13/08

IVF in September: BFN

To view my blog click here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search