Need some insight

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Regular
I've been going through a really strange time...last weekend, at 5 weeks along, I experienced light bleeding (more than spotting, a little less than a normal period) that lasted a day and a half. I've been spotting off and on since then. I assumed it's probably a miscarriage, but the weird thing is my pregnancy symptoms have become more intense over the last several days. Nausea has increased as well as hunger, tiredness, nipple soreness, sore gums...I don't know what to make of it!

Aren't pregnancy symptoms supposed to go away when a m/c begins or, at least, decline over the next couple of weeks??
June 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Regular
Hi there,

It could be a miscarriage, but could also just be bleeding--some women do bleed throughout their pregnancies. I have a colleague who bled steadily throughout her first trimester due to a subchorionic bleed and will give birth any day now to a healthy baby!

My advice to you--to confirm if you are miscarrying or if it's something else altogether--is to go in and get your hCG, estrogen and progesterone checked. You'll need to go in every few days to see what's happening with your hCG--if you're pregnant with a healthy embryo, the levels will double (more or less) every two to three days. Also, get your doctor to send you for an ultrasound in a week or so to check and see if there is an embryo with a heartbeat in your uterus. If you pregnancy signs are persisting, you're probably not miscarrying.

Good luck to you. I hope you see a little heartbeat soon.

Quote:
I've been going through a really strange time...last weekend, at 5 weeks along, I experienced light bleeding (more than spotting, a little less than a normal period) that lasted a day and a half. I've been spotting off and on since then. I assumed it's probably a miscarriage, but the weird thing is my pregnancy symptoms have become more intense over the last several days. Nausea has increased as well as hunger, tiredness, nipple soreness, sore gums...I don't know what to make of it!

Aren't pregnancy symptoms supposed to go away when a m/c begins or, at least, decline over the next couple of weeks??[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search