We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but I had a doctors appointment on Monday (7 weeks 5 days) and they didn't see a heartbeat on the U/S machine. Ever since then I have been spotting/bleeding. My OB wants me to come back for an ultrasound on Monday just to make sure that the baby still doesn't have a heartbeat since it was measuring on time. My question is she gave me a few different options on how I can miscarry if that is the enevitable. She said that I could have a D&C, they could give me cytotec to help me "cramp" more and soften the cervix so it would get it over with sooner, or I could just let my body naturually miscarry. I really don't know what to do. In a way a D&C may be better just so its over and I can get over this.. instead of waiting for my body to decide when it wants to take care of things. I am so completely broken I dont know what to do. I have a beautiful 4 month old girl at home, so maybe its just too soon to have a baby after having one that close together, but I just was wondering some advice or comfort I guess on what to do from here.
Heres my story maybe it will help you.
I work in my OB office and are good friends with the US tech. We did routine dating US, baby had strong heartbeat. That was at 6 weeks 3 days.
We then just did a fun one at 8 weeks to the day on Wed 9/10. There was no longer a heartbeat. I was not having any problems no cramping, no spotting or bleeding nothing to indicate a problem.
I had the options of waiting to see if my body would miscarry naturally or have a D&C.
I couldnt handle the thought of having that baby in me one more moment or wait on anything so I opted for D&C. Luckily my Dr was going to be doing surgery's all Friday morning. So Friday morning I had a D&C @ 11am.
__________________ Thank you *Kiliki* for the perfect siggy