Help!! Waiting for a miscarriage

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Regular
Just wondering if someone has some advice for me. 4 weeks ago I went for an early u/s due to a previous ectopic pregnancy and my doc wanting to rule another one out - I was 7 weeks at the time. She did the ultrasound and found two sacs (one apparently empty) but said she did not see a heartbeat. Even though the fetus was about the right size she told me it had died probabley the day before and that I had a choice of a d&c or waiting to have a natural miscarriage. I was unwilling to have a d&c so decided to wait for it to pass natuarally which my doc told me would happen in a week or two. That appointment was 4 weeks ago and I have seen no sign of any spoting smearing or really anything at all. I am continuing to feel sick all day long, my breats still hurt and my abdomen is still cramping and i have small shooting pains sometimes - I don't know what to think or if i am hoping foolishly for a miracle - my b/f and i havn't told anyone as we figured it would be all over by now and we didn't want to upset anyone else with the news, i'm just so confused right now and i don't want to go back to my doc as she was so adamant that it was over - can anyone give me any advice????

Thank you
Dominique
August 11th, 2008, 08:05 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would go back for another u/s! While you should be able to see a h/b at 7 weeks, there have been many stories where no h/b was seen at that time and the baby was healthy at the next appointment. I don't want to give you false hope, but it IS possible. As for your symptoms, as long as you are p/g (or your body thinks you are), you will most likely continue to have them. It certainly doesn't help to have those reminders if you feel there is no hope for your p/g. As for a time line of when a m/c might happen, it really varies. I have had 2 blighted ovums (where the baby never develops- there were only empty sacs), and I m/c'd them at 10 and 12 weeks.

I also wanted to mention that you might want to ask this down in the main part of this board, since it might get more responses down there.

Please let us know what happens.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just read your post. I went for and ultra sound at 6w1d and they saw a heartbeat, but then at 8w5d there was no heart beatand they baby only measured 7w2d. I choose to take misopertol which induce a miscarriage.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Regular
I don't know where to post so i can get a response, I need someone to talk to!!! on the 13th my husband and i found out that we had lost our baby at 7 weeks when we thought we were 17 weeks along... the next day i had a D&C and I don't know what to do!!! I am sad angry and the worst is that every person that is having a healthy pregnancy around me i get irritated at!!! I feel like i am falling into a depression.

My husband listens to me and comforts me when i cry but he can't really help? is there such thing as postpardom depression in a case like this? if so should i talk to me doctor? Do anyone think he will be able to do anything?

The other thing that is eating me is that my husband doesn't want to make the decision to try again and just last week he told me that i rushing him on making the decision, but i feel like the faster i hear that we are going to try as soon as the doc allows i will feel better!!! I don't know what to do i need help!!! Please
August 27th, 2008, 09:17 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't know where to post so i can get a response, I need someone to talk to!!! on the 13th my husband and i found out that we had lost our baby at 7 weeks when we thought we were 17 weeks along... the next day i had a D&C and I don't know what to do!!! I am sad angry and the worst is that every person that is having a healthy pregnancy around me i get irritated at!!! I feel like i am falling into a depression.

My husband listens to me and comforts me when i cry but he can't really help? is there such thing as postpardom depression in a case like this? if so should i talk to me doctor? Do anyone think he will be able to do anything?

The other thing that is eating me is that my husband doesn't want to make the decision to try again and just last week he told me that i rushing him on making the decision, but i feel like the faster i hear that we are going to try as soon as the doc allows i will feel better!!! I don't know what to do i need help!!! Please[/b]
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time dealing with all the emotions that loss brings with it. I definitely think that you should talk to your doctor. Don't be afraid to ask for something to help you cope with your depression if you think that is what you need.

As for trying again right away, I think you should take your husband's feelings into consideration also. Just as you need time to deal with all of your emotions surrounding your loss, he also needs time to heal. Having another baby will not replace the one that you lost. It is also a good idea to deal with your emotions now, as when you do get p/g again, those emotions have a way of resurfacing, especially if you haven't dealt with them.

As you posted this in a subforum, in another topic, it may not get many responses. You may want to try to post it in the main forum for more responses.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search