How long did your miscarriage last??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Newbies
i had my 10 week appt on sept 18th, 2008, they did an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and they said i was 5-6 weeks rather than 10 weeks.
sept 19th, i started bleeding, they had me come in for a blood test to check my hcg level, and it was decreasing.
it has been almost 2 months and my hcg is down to 36 and ive had constant bleeding since sept 19th. i made an appt w/ the doc for monday, hes concerned that my hcg level is taking too long to drop to zero and is also concerned that im still bleeding heavily. my question is, is it normal for a miscarriage to last this long? my hcg level started at 10,000. also why is it taking so long for my hcg to get to zero?
i have 2 children and this has been my 1st miscarriage.
thank you in advance for your replies!
November 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Newbies
Quote:
i had my 10 week appt on sept 18th, 2008, they did an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and they said i was 5-6 weeks rather than 10 weeks.
sept 19th, i started bleeding, they had me come in for a blood test to check my hcg level, and it was decreasing.
it has been almost 2 months and my hcg is down to 36 and ive had constant bleeding since sept 19th. i made an appt w/ the doc for monday, hes concerned that my hcg level is taking too long to drop to zero and is also concerned that im still bleeding heavily. my question is, is it normal for a miscarriage to last this long? my hcg level started at 10,000. also why is it taking so long for my hcg to get to zero?
i have 2 children and this has been my 1st miscarriage.
thank you in advance for your replies![/b]
Hey jray,
I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 8 weeks. Took misoprostol on Oct 18 (at near 10 weeks) to induce a miscarriage. It's been 30 days since that day and I'm still bleeding. The bleeding starts and stops. Some days I spot brown all day just to bleed bright red again the next day. My HCG was 39 this past Tuesday and 23 two days later. I haven't gotten an order to get another blood test done this coming week but I will request for one tomorrow. If my body keeps following this trend of dropping about 16 every 48 hours, I'd be down to about 7 tomorrow. Today I was just spotting brown, then I started cramping and saw more red blood by the late afternoon. That totally sucks. I was really hoping to stop bleeding as I really dislike having any bleeding. I don't know what to say to you about how long a miscarriage is supposed to last as mine was medically induced, but I understand your grief of bleeding and taking a long time to get your hcg levels to go down. I recently had a natural miscarriage in June and I bled for 16 days, but I was only about 5-6 weeks along. Keep me posted.

Sophie - 27
Thomas - 31
Vanessa - 18 months
Angel 1 - May 31, 2008
January 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
It's kind of hard to say, exactly. I'd been dealing with some of that brown, light spotting for a while (to which every medical professional I spoke to said was normal), but I went to the ER with bright red blood on December 27 and was told that day I was miscarrying but hadn't yet passed the tissue. On December 30, I passed it. I was roughly 10-11 weeks when I miscarried...the reason why I didn't know exactly was because I found out late I'd been pregnant. I'm supposed to get my updated hcg levels on Friday because there was a mix-up with them, but since December 30, my bleeding has tapered off slowly. Still bleeding, but definitely not as much. I'm supposed to get AF soon.

January 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
LadyLacy's Avatar Super Mommy
IDK, I'm still lightly spot/bleeding. its only been a few days for me though. I have no idea how long it will last.

M/C 6wks 4days Jan09 & 4wks 5days Nov 05, 3/25/09dnc[10wks 3d]Jan/24/2010[11wks baby stopped growing at 7+ wks]
January 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
It lasted all of 3 days from the time we found no heartbeat during the US. But I had a D&C because my body was showing no signs of naturally miscarrying.

September 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM
ive had friends who it has lasted 3-5 days, some didnt know they were even preg, some did..so hang in there
June 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby stop growing at 6 weeks and m/c at 11 weeks. had cramping all that time.
June 19th, 2010, 08:27 AM
ejf1mom's Avatar Veteran
Mine was sudden. Baby at heartbeat at 4pm that same day at midnight I passed my baby boy at 10 1/2 weeks. I felt a little sick like I was getting diarrhea(TMI), had little cramping wwnt ot the potty & passed some large clots & then 10 mins later baby landed in my palm. I forgot to say I had been bleeding on/off for over 10 days but 4 ultrasounds showed healthy baby.
June 19th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Veteran
I spotted brown for 10 days and red for 2 before passing the "bulk" of the pregnancy yesterday, I'm still bleeding but yesterday was by far the heaviest.
Jumping back on the TTC wagon as soon as we heal

He's got the whole world in His hands.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search