Help - Am I Miscarrying?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Newbies
I think I would be around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant - My last period was the first week of November. I was due for a period this past week, should have finished up a few days ago. Anyway, I noticed I was getting really bad cramps - which I usually do before a period, but then I noticed my period never came. I go by a mental clock - so I don't keep exact dates, I just get a pop in my head of "oh, I'm going to get my period." and then a day or two later I will get it. It's been like this since I was 12 or so - I'm 21 now. Anyway, my first pregnancy earlier this year I was incredibly sick - I couldn't hold anything down, ever. I had extreme nausea but I didn't have any cramping at all.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon the breast tenderness I had been experiencing completely stopped. My nipples went from their dark color yesterday and this morning they have returned to a light pink color, and my breasts are no longer sore or tender. My cramping has been getting worse, more frequent - I've had a small amount of brown discharge in the urine - but no blood or spotting that I've noticed.

I took a pregnancy test the other day and the second line was very, VERY faint - as opposed to the bright pink it was with my first pregnancy. Anyway, I'm having a lot of cramps now and I'm thinking I'm miscarrying? I just haven't been bleeding - but all of my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared. As of yesterday afternoon, my breasts are no longer sore, I'm no longer nauseated all the time and I'm feeling... Better? I guess. (Being pregnant makes me feel really, really sick.)

Are these signs of a miscarriage? Is there anything I can do to help it along? It's starting to hurt more frequently but like I said - there's no blood so I'm really unsure, but then again it just started yesterday morning/afternoon and has continued through to today and now I don't "feel" pregnant anymore.
December 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Quote:
I think I would be around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant - My last period was the first week of November. I was due for a period this past week, should have finished up a few days ago. Anyway, I noticed I was getting really bad cramps - which I usually do before a period, but then I noticed my period never came. I go by a mental clock - so I don't keep exact dates, I just get a pop in my head of "oh, I'm going to get my period." and then a day or two later I will get it. It's been like this since I was 12 or so - I'm 21 now. Anyway, my first pregnancy earlier this year I was incredibly sick - I couldn't hold anything down, ever. I had extreme nausea but I didn't have any cramping at all.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon the breast tenderness I had been experiencing completely stopped. My nipples went from their dark color yesterday and this morning they have returned to a light pink color, and my breasts are no longer sore or tender. My cramping has been getting worse, more frequent - I've had a small amount of brown discharge in the urine - but no blood or spotting that I've noticed.

I took a pregnancy test the other day and the second line was very, VERY faint - as opposed to the bright pink it was with my first pregnancy. Anyway, I'm having a lot of cramps now and I'm thinking I'm miscarrying? I just haven't been bleeding - but all of my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared. As of yesterday afternoon, my breasts are no longer sore, I'm no longer nauseated all the time and I'm feeling... Better? I guess. (Being pregnant makes me feel really, really sick.)

Are these signs of a miscarriage? Is there anything I can do to help it along? It's starting to hurt more frequently but like I said - there's no blood so I'm really unsure, but then again it just started yesterday morning/afternoon and has continued through to today and now I don't "feel" pregnant anymore.[/b]
How long ago did you take the test exactly? I don't know if you are miscarrying or if you had a chemical pregnancy, and how faint was the test? Could it have been an evap line?

If i were you i would call your OB and talk to them about maybe going in for a blood test. If you are pregnant and if you are miscarrying you are early enough that it will more than likely be a heavy period.

I wish I could offer you more but I dont completely understand exactly what you are saying.
December 8th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Newbies
Quote:
How long ago did you take the test exactly? I don't know if you are miscarrying or if you had a chemical pregnancy, and how faint was the test? Could it have been an evap line?

If i were you i would call your OB and talk to them about maybe going in for a blood test. If you are pregnant and if you are miscarrying you are early enough that it will more than likely be a heavy period.

I wish I could offer you more but I dont completely understand exactly what you are saying.[/b]
I'm not sure what an evap line is? I went to the restroom just a bit ago and I had a small blood clot about the size of a pea.

And also, a chemical pregnancy? I don't think I've ever heard of this.

Sorry, I feel kind of stupid now but I'm really not sure what is going on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search