Waiting for m/c but bleeding has stopped

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Newbies
I'm reposting this here...first posted on the "natural m/c experiences" sub-forum...

---

Hi, I'm awaiting a miscarriage and am wondering if anyone has had an experience like mine. I've read a lot of posts (this forum has been so helpful for me) but I'm not seeing anything like this.

I had an hcg level done at 8w (because I was having some spotting)...it was low but still in the normal range, about 22,000 I think. I had another done at 10w and it was at 11,000. So my midwife (I was planning a home birth) told me that this indicates the baby has died and to wait for a m/c at home (a D&C is an absolute last option for me).

I began spotting again the next night, and the bleeding increased a little each day for about a week but only got to the point of a (barely) medium flow for a couple hours for a couple days (it got so that each day I would have brown bleeding all day except in the afternoon/evening, where there would be some red bleeding) with a couple very small clots. Then for a next week, the bleeding tapered off almost in the same manner as it started, but in reverse. I've had only very light brown bleeding for the past two days.

It has been two weeks since we found out our baby has died (we believe s/he died a few days before the phone call at 10w). Of course it is so hard to play the waiting game but I'm really confused by the ebb and flow of light to medium-light bleeding. Right now the bleeding is so light that my mind is playing tricks on my and I'm secretly hoping this is all just a big mistake. I know it's not...and hearing from somebody out there who's had a similar experience would help a lot.

Thanks for reading and any prayers you can offer for us—my husband and I are devastated.

Heather S.
March 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm sorry you are going through this. You may get more responses if you post this down on the main part of this board, since that is usually where everyone checks (some don't notice new posts up this way).

I didn't experience bleeding like yours. The most I spotted was for one day prior to the m/c. However, it does vary depending on the woman....no two experiences are the same. `As long as you have your m/w caring for you and continuing to follow the progress of your m/c, I wouldn't worry. Just make sure that she is aware of what is/is not going on so that intervention becomes necessary she can catch it before it becomes a problem for you (such as infection, etc.).

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search