Natural Miscarriage question....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2009, 08:41 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I am currently going through a natural miscarriage....I started spotting more after finding out our little one stopped developing around 4/5 weeks. Friday the bleeding picked up a little bit, like a light period. Saturday was the same, and then Saturday night the bleeding picked up to that of a heavy period and I passed 2 clots about the size of a quarter, followed by a much larger clot about 3 inches long about an hour later. I am assuming that was the sac. I'm still having some heavy period-like bleeding, with a few clots yesterday evening and some today. The description I was given by my midwife was it would look like "chopped liver", which is exactly what I am seeing.

Now my question is...everything I have read has told me that I will have severe cramping...but my cramping has been pretty manageable with tylenol. Maybe one or two cramps are painful but I have had nothing that was excruciating, or even anything near my normal period cramps (which are horrible). Am I just not having contraction-like cramping because our little one was only 4/5 weeks developed? I keep wondering if the cramping is going to start...but nothing. Thanks for in advance for your help....

April 7th, 2009, 11:49 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a D&C, so I'm really not sure. I hope that some of the other ladies will be able to answer your question. *HUGS*

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 27th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I have had 2 natural miscarriages in which the one I am experiencing now has lead to a D & C. Since you were still early on ( barely in the 2nd month) your cramping may not be as bad. My cramping was the worst during the passing of the baby/babies. I was actually prescribed hydrocodone and I took two of them and it didn't even phase me. The pain was so bad I actually ended up passing out. So most likely if you haven't experienced any of that kind of cramping then you most likely won't have extreme pain.

However, I do want to say, if you experience heavy bleeding for over a week go to the ob/gyn because you may need a D & C. At first I wasn't going to my doctors appointment because I was depressed about the miscarriage. Luckily I went because they said I still didn't pass everything and since I was bleeding really heavy for over a week they needed to do a D & C to prevent me from losing even more blood.

I am sorry for your loss. I know the pain you are feeling. I am going to keep you in my t & ps!

June 11th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
I'm going through a natural miscarriage right now and I'm having manageable cramps as well. My midwife actually told me because of how far along I am (only 6 weeks) that my pain should be manageable with Motrin. She told if it got worse than that, to go to the e/r. So it sounds like what you are going through is pretty par for course.

I'm sorry for your loss too.

June 12th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss...I aparently went thru this too last night...I was 15 weeks this week when i went in for a check up and there was no heartbeat, they sched. me for a d&c for this moring, however last night my water broke, i was having mostly lite cramps some were a little bad...they started about 5 in the evening and then at 10:30 the water broke and the baby came right away, b/c i was going to have the d&c i had NO idea what was happening! my husband called 911 it was horrible....i'm still having cramping today...i hope thats normal

July 1st, 2009, 02:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! i lost my baby at 10 wks back in 2006, my would have been due date is coming up july 11th, my baby would be around two years old right now...i am really having a hard time, i think i always will around this time. so i just wanted to tell you how sorry i am, and i was wondering what happen? did you deliver at home?
July 1st, 2009, 03:03 AM
First of all as many others i am truly sorry for your loss! I suffered a pregnancy loss back in december at 10 wks.It was VERY painful for me, i was also early still in my first trimester, so maybe you take pain well or maybe sinse the baby stopped developing at 4-5wks and barely formed it was too small to cause pain.But i thought the pain was just from having a miscarriage period no matter how developed or big the baby was. So i guess ide just be happy i didnt have much pain im glad you didnt that pain i wouldnt wish it on anyone! I was told later a miscarriage is labor but not as severe, but those were some severe pains! i didnt know i was experiencing labor pains though, which is interesting, i just wasnt thinking about much of the physical i was too depressed and numb i just wanted my baby back.
June 29th, 2010, 08:53 PM
im experiencinga miscarriage now at 4 wks and 5 days.. i had cramps all day but light period like cramps i was at work and went to the restroom and saw blood... i tried not to panic and later went to the restroom and passed a few blood clots the first was the biggest... i just started crying...im still bleeding and passing smaller clots. not really in any pain. just trying to deal with it all.....trying not to cry...
June 30th, 2010, 12:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Tammyc06 are you sure you are having a m/c? Did you go to the dr? I am so sorry for your loss. If you need to vent we are here. You can post on the main board as well.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 2nd, 2011, 04:55 AM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had very little bleeding but the pain was unlike anything I've ever experienced before. Very intense; I was shaking uncontrolably, I couldn't walk, talk or even cry until they gave me morphine. I was almost seven weeks this time But my first loss at 8 weeks was very different - heavy bleeding with very little pain. I guess it's different everytime.

Last edited by newmommysarah; May 2nd, 2011 at 05:02 AM.
June 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Veteran
I had incredible pain last night when I passed the bulk of the pregnancy (according to the ER doc). They gave me dilottid (powerful painkiller, not sure how to spell it but it worked). I actually collapsed in the waiting room from the pain. I was about 6 weeks but my hormone levels never got much above 400.
Jumping back on the TTC wagon as soon as we heal

He's got the whole world in His hands.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search