ectopic pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM
celebr8's Avatar Veteran
Hi girls. My name is Leah and at the moment, I'm pregnant with my first. I found out last Friday. Since Saturday, I've had sharp pains on my right side. They weren't horrible, so I thought maybe they were just "growing pains". Well, I've still been having them and they're becoming more lingering (which also might be beacause I'm paying more attention). I called my dr today and got bloodwork to see if it's ectopic. I go again on Saturday to see if my HGC level has doubled. Unfortunately, I won't find out for sure until Monday. Could this be my only sign of an ectopic pregnancy? Also, how long do they usually take to rupture. I'm afraid of causing serious damage. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
June 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) I am sorry you are in this scary situation. I wish I could answer your questions but every pregnancy is different.

I had an ectopic pregnancy in Oct 07 but never had any pain from it. My only sign was bleeding. I thought it was just another m/c (I have had 2 natural m/c's) but when I went to the OB the sono showed that my baby was in my right tube. My tube never ruptured but was very extended when it was removed. I had surgery at exactly 6w.

I know you are worried about this causing damage. I lost my baby and my right tube but I was very fortunate that it did not effect my fertility b/c I have since had a healthy son.

KUP on what the doctor says. Also I would really push for a sono! It may be to early to see much but at least you can where the sac is.

BTW when I was pg with my DS I had horrible cramps all 9 months from the stretching scar tissue in my belly from 3 previous abdominal surgeries. Have you had any surgeries?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search