HELP!!When does your period go back to normal after miscarriage?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2009, 02:34 AM
First off anyone who has suffered a pregnancy loss i am sorry! Also a little bit of my situation before I ask my question.....I too suffered a miscarriage back in 06 i found out a couple days before thanksgiving on the 21st.I also lost my baby at 10 wks a couple days before christmas It was awful and i never even expected to be pregnant.I didnt actually have pain or cramping until two days later,I didnt know then those were actually labor pains, which was interesting to me, it was somethin! Did the same thing happen to any of you? truly horrific, i had severe hot flashes,chills, and i felt like i was going to faint.It was the worste pain ive ever been in so far in my lifetime! I was really emotional All i wanted to do was lay around, i didnt want to work, and what was worse was my family wouldnt even talk about it, i guess they felt like it would hurt me, but it hurt even worse to have them act like nothing happen, I mean they did help dont get me wrong.My sister took me out for dinner, my cousin (which got pregnant only a couple months later which im sure you know how that felt) brought me flowers.So they did help, but after that no one brung it up and they still dont to this day.I myself even feel uncomfortable talking about it, and im the one who lost the baby! So as for coping just get your feelings out as much as possible! I regret one major thing, I never pushed for my one and only ultrasound pictures because it was done at the ER, i will forever regret that, for it is my only picture i would ever have of my lossed baby.I found some songs that really helped me get my emotions out.Glory baby by watermark is an awesome song.I went on youtube and watched videos on miscarriage, women whove had a miscarriage posted their experiences.One girl in particular helped alot, her name was sasha so check that out if you want.Sorry to go on and on, but my would-have been due date is coming up, july 11th, my baby would be almost 2 years old now and it kills me that i am a mommy, but i am now an angel Mommy.
So as for my questions, before i got pregnant my period was always very regular i always got it either in the beginning of the month only lasting 3-4 days or the end of the month lasting the same time.Now (mind you,its been almost three years sinse my miscarriage) i am very irregular, some months i dont get any kind of period,some i get only a light bleeding but lasting 7 days sometimes 2 weeks or more.Others i have heavy bleeding-to light bleed lasting almost the whole month.It is very strange for me. Sometimes i think i might be pregnant because i dont get it, or ill get it and its very light and NO CRAMPS.Then other i have severe cramps heavy bleeding and it seems to last forever.

Does anything like this happen to you ladies? Or has it happend? Can anyone explain this to me? let me know...thanks so much!!!
July 1st, 2009, 06:46 AM
Veteran
Mine loss wasn't bad, but the labor pains were on the rough side. cramping, backpain, pressure. I never had chills or any of that, but it is normal to have. Periods after a loss are weird I got mine 6 weeks after it was heavy still clotty, and heavy cramps and lasted a lot longer then should have . i was supposed to get my period today test are neg so im at a loss where she could be. It's hard, Are bodies will go back to normal it will just take some time.

Brandon-edd Jan,1,2010. Grew his wings on May 5.2009
July 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Periods after pregnancy can change. No matter how the pregancy ended. Your cycles can go back to regular, get longer, shorter or become irregular. Have you talked to your doctor to see why your cycles are irregular. My cycles have taken a couple months to even back out but I am heading into my normal again. Although having them all crazy made me push my doctor for additional testing because I wanted to ensure something wasn't wrong. They found a benign polyp that is going to be removed in August. I hope you find lots of support here and comfort. I know I did and it has helped me a ton. So sorry for your loss and lots of hugs.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 19th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I google it. period should come back 4 to six weeks. Im sorry for your loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search