Looking for answers...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
And when we decide to TTC again, I'll be looking for a new doctor.

Last week, AF was several days late and I just felt different so I decided to take a pregnancy test. It was negative, but my temps were still elevated so I waited a few more days and tested again. I got a positive on the digital test so there was no mistaking the read out. Of course I was thrilled even though it wasn't exactly planned. Two days later, I was spotting a little so I put a call into my doctor's office. The nurse said it was probably implantation bleeding, which sounded odd to me at 5 weeks along and after I had gotten my BFP. Later that evening, the spotting went away. The next morning I woke up with bright red blood and immediately called the doctor. Of course it was the weekend and they wouldn't do an u/s because I wasn't far enough along to see much. I had some cramping that morning and the blood continued all through the weekend. I went in for bloodwork this morning but knew that I had miscarried. The nurse called me this afternoon for the results but I didn't expect what she told me. She said that based on my bloodwork, I had never been pregnant so therefore didn't have a miscarriage. I asked her how that was possible after getting a positive hpt. She said that sometimes the tests are just faulty and this was probably just my period showing up a little late. I told her that wasn't possible because I was charting and that would make me almost 2 weeks late. How is it possible that I had elevated temps, a BFP, and missing AF without being pregnant? I can't believe that this was all in my head. There is no way that I made this up! I am so emotional right now and I can't understand that my doctor's office wouldn't take me seriously. So can anyone here give me answers? Please tell me that I didn't make this up!
July 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have heard of chemical pregnancies but am not sure exactly what they are. I don't think its all in your head. I think you need a new doctor. One who will listen to you. Did you ask her what your HCG level was? It is possible that since it was so early and with the weekend that your levels dropped fast into the "normal" range. I am not sure how long it takes to drop but if you had been dropping maybe the weekend was just long enough. I am so sorry for your loss and wish I had more information for you. I hope your new doctor is much better. That makes all the difference in the world. And the nurse too.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search