Did I have a iscarriage?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2009, 10:31 PM
OK so heres my weekend long story, I am hoping to get any advice and to hear if anyone has had the same experience.

So for the past 2 months I had had several pregnacy syptoms and took several tests (all neg) the constant nasuea and fatigue along with the negative pregnancy test and the fact that Im 23, very health and fit, lead me to my DR who tested me for everything from STDs to thyroid condtitons, all test returned normal and he sent me off with no idea why I have been feeling nausea and fatigue. On 8/3 my period was one day (normally 6-8 days) so Thursday I went to my GYNO who did anoher pregnancy test, however the nurse wasnt sure how to read it and said she thought it was negative. Again no diagnosis. Thursday after my GYNO appointment I had slight cramping and realized my period was 3 days late, I went to the restroom and peeded, and passed a piece of tissue almost the size of a quarter with a 1/2 inch long white sting like thing coming off of it, thinking I may have passed a stone I had my mom come check it out (she has had gall and kidney stones) She had no idea what it was and told me not to worry.

2 hours later while laying in bed watching TV I got the most painfull stabbing like pain in my left side which came in waves of unbareable, I was litteraly screaming in pain, my mom and boyfriend rushed me to the ER, I was in so much pain all I could do was scream so they gave me morphine which did nothing, more morphine still nothing then they gave me delatin which took the edge off. They suppected stones after hearing about me passing tissue, They ordered 2 CT scans, one regular and one with dye to see any possiable blockage. After the first CT scan they told me they had no need to do the second one and they were admiting me and the DR would see me soon and explain everything. The next day a GYNO came to my room and gave me a quick exam which made me start bleeding. He said I had endometriosis and left the room. 5 minutes later a diffrent DR came in and siad he had to move me to the maternaty ward because my CT scan showed I was 10 weeks pregnant. Me my mother and my boyfriend were all speechless. I started crying and my mom and boyfriend went to the hallway to speak to the DR. They said he as going to review my scans and do a ultrasound which also said I was 10 weeks pregnant. I was freaking out because at this point I was bleeding and clotting heavy (clots the size of a organge!) The next day a third DR came in said the other DRs had read my scans wrong and I had PID (pelvic inflamatory disease) and was going home with birth control and a pain killer.

I was all drugged up and confused by the time I left. When I got home I got on the computer and started to google everything from endometriosis to PID to a miscarriage. From what I understand now I believe I had a miscarriage. First of all I looked up a CT scan and untrasound of a 10 week fetus and I dont see anyway that could be mistaken with anything else. Does this sound right or is it more likey I have something else? My boyfriends think the DRs may have contributed to my miscarriage, does this sounds likely?

P.S. I only use a diaphragm as birth control and only have one sexual partnter, was tested for STDs evertime I have a new partner and was also tested 2 weeks ago at my 1st DR's appoinment like I said all normal.

Please any help, advise or just someone to let me know I m not the only one to experince something like this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading
September 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sounds like the doctors didn't know what they were doing. It sounds like you might have had a m/c given that you were passing so much tissue and stuff. Sadly there is probably no way to know for sure. I am so sorry you are going through this. I would seek another provider for some answers and have them look at all the scans.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search