Possibly miscarried nearly 3 years ago?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2009, 03:49 AM
So a little background on why this is suddenly sparking my curiosity even though it's been 3 years since it happened:

About a month ago I was feeling strangely sick. I was still waiting for my medical insurance card before I could go visit a doctor, so I decided to use the internet to see if it was anything worth worrying about.

When I tried googling symptoms, and using wrongdiagnosis I was told that I was pregnant. This was in no way possible due to not having a partner anywhere near the time the sickness happened.

As I searched deeper, I came upon the symptoms of miscarriage. As I read them, I was shocked, with a feeling of "Ohhhh crap".

What exactly happened three years ago:

At the time I was 18, and my (now ex) boyfriend was 17. We were both still in High School. In about mid November I started feeling fatigued and moody. As days passed I began to worry. The thoughts had slipped through my mind of possibly being pregnant after two rather close incidences of unprotected sex. The first was around October 13-15, during our anniversary vacation. He wanted to try it unprotected. Since I was sure I wasn't ovulating, I went with it, but decided it wasn't the best idea and we stopped.

Weeks later, as our relationship started to show signs of deterioration, he took me to the house of a friend of his. He, being Irish, has always loved to drink. He would normally excercise responsibility when he drank. He would not impair himself. That wasn't the case here. He tried to get me to drink too. I had some, but clearly wasn't as intoxicated as he was. We ended up having unprotected sex, he pulled out, but being drunk, there's a possibility it could have been done late.

After not having my period at the normal time, I decided to walk to the Walgreen's less than a mile from my house, and picking up a pregnancy test. I'm not 100% sure what brand it was. It had a blue plus or minus sign in the main window.

I took the test, and it was a plus sign, but the lines were faint -the vertical more than the horizontal.

I chalked it up as just too early to tell, and decided to wait and see if I would just get my period late, or if it didn't happen in December either.

My tiredness and moodiness didn't go away, but I started getting headaches and lower back aches as well, sort of around the temples of my head. My period still had not come at it's normal mid-month time, and I was considering picking up another test over the Winter Break.

Only a day or two after the break started, I woke up one night with terrible lower abdominal pain. I've sometimes gotten pretty bad cramps, but this was awful. I grabbed some Tylenol PM, a glass of water, and a heating pad and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't.

The next day, sometime probably about mid-day I started bleeding. "Yay! I'm not pregnant!" was my initial thought, but the bleeding began to soak through tampons quicker than usual. I decided to hop in the shower and try to relax, and ended up staying there while my mother was at work for about 5 hours.

I noticed with the bleeding came large chunks. I'm used to seeing this sort of thing during my period. Generally just barely the thickness of a pencil. These clots were much larger. Probably a bit thicker than string cheese (yeah, I'm looking around my room for examples. )

I didn't really think anything of it, just that maybe stress from my boyfriend had thrown me off and I was having one hell of a period.

My other sickness seemed to slowly vanish afterwards.

So here's my questions:

1. Does this sound like a miscarriage?

2. Is it even possible to miscarry and not even know?

3. If I didn't go to the Doctor, due to being oblivious to it, and it's been 3 years, is there still a way I can find out?

4. Is there a chance that not having it treated could have messed with my inner-workings and such? I haven't noticed anything entirely out of the norm.

I was supposed to have a Doctors appointment on Monday, but it got postponed due to my ride being unable to show up. It's not on Friday. I'm incredibly nervous about asking. First of all, I don't know how I'll feel if it's true, especially since my relationship with my ex isn't very good right now (I am however, still communicating with his parents). Secondly, I have a feeling that if I mention discovering the symptoms and coming to this conclusion via the internet, he may just roll his eyes and pass it off as a dreaded e-diagnosis.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search