1st pregnancy, D&C scheduled for Friday (long post)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought it would take me longer to make it over here, but I find myself really needing to talk to someone right now. I'm getting really nervous about this whole procedure and don't really have anyone to talk to about it. My husband leaves for basic training (Army) tomorrow, and most of the people who know I was pregnant live hundreds of miles away. This was my first pregnancy and the loss is very disheartening.

My mother is going to be with me for the D&C but I don't feel like she really understands what I am going through. She has had four children with no complications, even though she was 41 when she had the youngest. Both of the younger ones were unplanned and didn't get prenatal care until she was as far or farther along than I am now, having lost my first (16 wks).

My step-mother has dealt with pregnancy complications and has had at least 1 m/c but I don't know if I can talk to her about this b/c I hadn't told her or my dad that I was pregnant b/c my dad is in Afghanistan and I didn't want him to worry about me.

My best girlfriends live in New Mexico and New York (I'm in TX), so I don't even have them to lean on. My in-laws live nearby, but we've decided not to tell them about the pregnancy. They just worry way to much and would get the entire extended family involved.

Anyway, I just need to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through and what I should expect from the D&C, especially since I'm in the Army Reserves and have drill (Army training) the day after I'm scheduled for surgery.
March 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry I am just seeing this. A very sad welcome to our corner of the world. I hope your D&C went ok. I would talk to your command about bumping your drill weekend. Physically you may not feel up to drilling that weekend. Especially PT.
March 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
ErinV
I'm not sure how to prepare you for the D&C. But I do send you hugs and prayers for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search