2nd pregnancy, 2nd loss-natural miscarriage

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
So I started having some pinkish discharge on my TP when I wipe Friday...this was just before I found out the Earthquake happened in Japan. I swear, it was the weirdest thing for me. I will always remember that day, for both reasons.

Saturday I woke up and was just spotting brown blood, by the afternoon it turned in to bright red blood after trying to use the doppler to check for a heartbeat. I couldn't find one....only mine. So I went to the bathroom and that's when I seen the blood. I freaked out and posted to the DDC that I was going to go to the ER. I got ready to go and went to the closest ER. The dr lectured me about how I should have gone to the ER for the hospital I was going to deliver at. I just kind shrugged it off. I went to the one that I knew would take me back right away. I didn't want to go to TMC, see my old coworkers, and wait in the lobby for 3 hours before being seen.

So anyways, they had me do a urine sample, and they took some blood work and left a heplock/iv lock in just in case I needed fluids and/or blood. Then they came in and did the pelvic exam. He had a hard time seeing my cervix because it was kinda hanging out towards the left side. He said it was closed, but he could see blood. They wheeled me down to the U/S room and they tried to do it trans-abdominally. Didn't see anything. That made my heart drop. So then we had to wait for a female to come in to supervise a trans-vaginal u/s. As soon as the images came up on the monitor....I knew I was miscarrying. There was NO BABY anywhere. When just 5 weeks earlier I seen my baby on the monitor, with a heartbeat and everything. Now, nothing but the sac. I got a peak at the measurement of the sac and it was 7w1d, and that pretty much made it clear to me. I didn't need anyone to tell me what was going on. I knew.

So I get wheeled back to my room in ER and the dr comes in, and confirms what I just saw. Then he got paged to speak with another dr and said he would be back. The nurse came in to take my blood pressure and asked if we knew anything yet, and I told her that we didn't see the baby on the u/s and I started crying. I made her cry. She gave me some tissue and asked if there was anything she could do, and I just said no, I was ok, I just needed to cry. She shut the door to my room and I sat there and just cried for a couple of minutes. I regained my composure and about 5 minutes later my dr came in, gave me all the paper work and said to call my OB on Monday. He told me I was free to go once the heplock was out. It took about 15 minutes before the nurse came back to take it out. And then she said she was incredibly sorry and that she would be praying for me (went to a religious hospital/I declared a religion on my forms) and then told me how to get out of the hospital since I had never been in to the ER. I checked in with the check out desk and then left and went to my mom's house.

Fast forward to the next day (Sunday). The morning started off ok. I had breakfast and got on JM and emailed some friends, etc. By mid evening the bleeding and the cramping picked up a TON and by 8pm I was in tremendous pain. I wasn't going to take Tylenol until I couldn't take it anymore...because I wanted to see if I could handle the "contractions". By about 11:30pm I broke down after being on the toilet/in the shower for hours. Once I took the Ibuprofen by 12am I was feeling so much better and talked to my husband (he had called earlier and I had to explain to him why I was in so much pain. He didn't realize that I had to pass everything first). That night the big clots came out, although since that night (it's now almost Friday as I type this) I have had at least 1 big clot a day along with bleeding, however it has subsided a lot and I haven't had to take an Ibuprofen at all tonight.

My advice to anyone who is having a natural miscarriage, don't try to be strong and not take anything for the pain. It's so incredibly painful, I wish I would have taken something earlier while I was cramping lightly. It probably wouldn't have been such a horrendous experience for me if I would have just taken the darn Ibuprofen.

Daughter: Rylie 2 years old. Born 3/18/2013

TTC #2 with MTHFR C677T and a Balanced Reciprocal Translocation between chromosomes 1 & 4.

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
March 20th, 2011, 07:27 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for your loss. Many prayers that you will have a healthy sticky bean soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search