sad but hopeful

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Its great to have a place to read and write about these experiences. The most important information I have to share is o be careful about some of the 'advice' you can get from less informed sites. Brown blood can mean miscarriage as it did with me.
I was 5 weeks in and had brown spotting on a visit home to my parents. My husband and mother tried to reassure me to stay calm and wait until the next morning but I just knew.
To start with I had really bad back ache, and a strange pain on one side like from the ovaries. I had very few dark BROWN spots of blood but after reading a million online blogs about implantation bleeding, light spotting, brown=good red=bad I tried to calm down and wait for the next day.
I slept very little and woke up feeling as if my period was coming (not good), then had more of the same mucosy, brown blood with what to me seemed like clots.
I went to the ER where as I was waiting started to lose significant amount of blood, was confirmed pregnant and sent to have an ultra sound where I was told I had lost the baby. I had a pelvic exam where the doctor saw that my cervix was closed so free to go home, they also removed a blood clot ( not nice ).
The following few days were painful, depressing, sad. It is of some help to anyone suffering that more often than not it happens for no reason but the fact that at one moment you have an amazing future planned ahead of you and at the next nothing is unbearably hard. I am now fine physically and am concentrating on trying again as soon as I get the go-ahead from my gyn in September
August 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry that you went through that. Yes typically brown blood is old blood and not cause for concern. Your other symptoms however would indicate otherwise. I am so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to join us on the main forum or on the Trying to Conceive after Loss forum when you are ready. There are a lot of very helpful ladies here that understand how heartbreaking miscarriage is.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 11th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Thank you so much JessP, I am off on a much needed holiday for two weeks, but will most certainly check out the TTC forum when I get back in September!!!!!
March 18th, 2013, 06:02 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I just got to this board this morning after having a D&C done this past Saturday. Yours is the first post I have read and I'm stunned at how similar my story is to yours. I was almost 11 weeks pregnant when I experienced a sharp pain on my left side, which lasted for hours. After that I started spotting tiny bits of brown for about a week before it turned into pink and then dark red with blood clots. I also spent a whole week telling myself brown was good news. Even when I saw red, I wasn't too concerned since there are so many reports of women bleeding during pregnancy. It was only when I had an ultrasound done at almost 12 weeks that revealed the sad reality that I had lost the baby I will officially post my whole story on this board, but I really felt like I needed to respond to your post! I am so sorry for your loss!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search