Miscarriage @ 8 weeks induced by Misoprostol (TMI)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in at 8w1d for my intake exam and ultrasound and they could not find a heart beat. I had last had an ultrasound at 7w1d and all was looking good and the baby had a heartbeat then. They say it measured at about 7w2d so either it stopped growing then, or it grew a bit more and was now shrinking.

Since I am leaving on vacation today they scared me into taking Misoprostol to induce the miscarriage - aiming to expel the baby quickly so that I could go on my long plane trip without worrying about hemmoraging. They kept telling me it was common to hemmorage if I miscarried on my own (which is what I wanted to do) and I am pretty upset that they were so pushy with me to take the pills.

I took the pills... and hour later I was cramping (think very very bad cramps), and hour after than I was bleeding and a few hours after that I expelled the baby. Crazy drug for sure.

My underwear (and giant pad) absolultely flooded - it was unlike anything I have ever experienced and was horrible. I could barely contain the mess (but I did manage to not ruin the carpet etc....). The sac was there on my pad so I took a good look at it. I could see the baby inside, it was very distressing. I decided to open the sac, which was suprisingly difficult to open.... but when it did tear everything that came out of it fell apart and it no longer looked like a baby. What a horrible experience.

I called the doctor and they agreed that I didn't have to take the second set of pills at midnight (thank goodness) since I had expelled it.

I go in for an appointment tomorrow to check that it is all out otherwise I have to have a d&c. I pray that the sac and baby was all that needed to come out.... I don't want to have a d&c at all.

The bleeding appears to have stopped or at least slowed right down. I am not sure my body knows that I have lost the baby yet. I imagine I will have a very heavy period when it does.

This is my third loss, but by far my worst.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
October 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
dri2011's Avatar Tired of Practicing
I'm so sorry Nina.... That made me want to cry...I couldn't ever imagine going through something like that. I will def keep you in my prayers. Hoping for a sticky bean for you soon.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!*

October 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine going through that I will keep you in my T's and P's HUGS

October 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh God I am SO sorry Nina.
For what it´s worth, I think I would´ve done the same you did.
I hope you heal soon (physically and emotionally) and you get your sticky bean.
In the meantime, we´re here for you

October 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry..

October 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry you had to go through that. I know plenty of ladies who m/c naturally without hemorrhaging. Darn dr. I hope you don't have to have a D&C. You are welcome to post on the main board if you need.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 14th, 2011, 12:45 AM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss. This was heartbreaking to read- I can't even imagine how you felt going through it. We are here for you! (((HUGS)))

7/2013
October 15th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran
So sorry for your loss ((((((HUGS)))))))

October 17th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss(es) and I am so sorry you had to experience that

I can't believe a dr would push you into making that decision like that

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

October 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
cdukes2010's Avatar Super Mommy
What a terrible experience for you! I can't imagine! I can't believe they pressed you into taking the pills.

Photo by Astra Creative Photography
Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search