Could someone please help me out?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Regular
Hello, I'm new to this site and could use some help. I'm 18 years old, and I'm worried I might have had a miscarriage. I've had a miscarriage before, about a year ago. Since I've been pregnant and had a miscarriage before, I somewhat know the signs of both. I had been suspecting I might be pregnant because I had some symptoms, like dizziness, sensitivity to smell, nausea, and exhaustion. After my period was about a week late, I started spotting a little. After a couple hours of spotting, I began to have really bad cramps. They were so bad I couldn't even get up and they were making me cry it hurt so bad. I then began bleeding extremely heavy. There was so much blood and a lot of larger clots. I continued bleeding heavy for the first night. Then I barely bled lightly for the next 3 days. Now for the past 2 days I've been spotting a little. It's not enough to get on my panties; it's just there sometimes when I use the restroom. I also bleed a little when I have sex. Could I have had a miscarriage without even knowing that I was pregnant? I really don't have money to buy a test to check. How long would a urine pregnancy test be able to detect the hormone after a miscarriage? Someone please help me. Thanks.
October 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Regular
Miss Nicole,

Sorry you are going through this. If you have insurance, you can call your dr and they can do a urine test or a blood test. If you do not have insurance, see if there is a planned parenthood clinic or walk in clinic and get the test there. You need to be checked because it could have been an ectopic pregnancy and those can be dangerous. Also, you should refrain from sex until your body heals from the miscarriage. It can cause infection. But I do believe what you are describing is a miscarriage and you need to be safe. You might be able to work out a payment arrangement with the clinic if there is no free clinic for you in the area. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Hello, I'm new to this site and could use some help. I'm 18 years old, and I'm worried I might have had a miscarriage. I've had a miscarriage before, about a year ago. Since I've been pregnant and had a miscarriage before, I somewhat know the signs of both. I had been suspecting I might be pregnant because I had some symptoms, like dizziness, sensitivity to smell, nausea, and exhaustion. After my period was about a week late, I started spotting a little. After a couple hours of spotting, I began to have really bad cramps. They were so bad I couldn't even get up and they were making me cry it hurt so bad. I then began bleeding extremely heavy. There was so much blood and a lot of larger clots. I continued bleeding heavy for the first night. Then I barely bled lightly for the next 3 days. Now for the past 2 days I've been spotting a little. It's not enough to get on my panties; it's just there sometimes when I use the restroom. I also bleed a little when I have sex. Could I have had a miscarriage without even knowing that I was pregnant? I really don't have money to buy a test to check. How long would a urine pregnancy test be able to detect the hormone after a miscarriage? Someone please help me. Thanks.[/b]
November 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to ashleyc8705
Miss Nicole it is possible to have a miscarriage and not even know you were pregnant. I agree with sara1221. Refrain from having sex and keep yourself clean. See a doctor as soon as you can. Let us know how it goes.
November 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
may be a bit late with my reply but I have to agree with the above two ladies. Do you have an update for us if you are still around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search