Favorite baby names?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To JM Polls and Challenges LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
What are your 5 favorite boys names and 5 favorite girls names?

December 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I don't have favorite names (unless you count my own kids's names ) but as a preschool teacher, I can tell you this:

Parents who name their children weird names are made fun of behind their backs.
Parents who choose names that unique but still found in baby books are more respected
Parents who choose normal names but then spell them in rediculous ways are totally made fun of and viewed as somewhat "uneducated", I mean if you can't spell why advertise it with your kid's name....kwim?
Parents who give their kids weird spellings and long names have to know their child is picked less often to be line leader or be the classroom helper etc...I mean who wants to write Meeaghanhn on the board or on papers more than once.

Parents who choose the same letter for all their children are some of weirdest ones of all....I mean come on, you have children with unique and individualized traits, charcteristics and personalities....why try to give them all names with the same letter!?! There are 26 different letters....pick a couple...it is ok.. Really it is.

Rhyming names....don't even get me started.

Names should have meanings and be a identifying factor in who your child is and where they come from.
Be creative but spell correctly.
Be unique but not rediculous.
Be original and don't copy movie stars or famous people (makes you look like a groupie).
Be thoughtful. You DO love your child right?
Don't saddle them with stupid names that are trendy or match a Disney character....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search