Long time no post

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
Hey everyone! I used to post here but I got distracted for a while...

Since I left, I found out I'm pregnant with #2 and am now in my 17th week. So far so good this pregnancy! I have had two bouts with sickness that were completely unrelated to pregnancy so far, but I'm ok now. As far as the RA-that is getting a bit rough. My left hand is getting bad...I have a hard time bending my fingers and I had to take my rings off already due to swelling. (It's only my fingers that are swelling on that hand so I'm thinking it is more RA related and not due to water retention or anything.) My hips are starting up already with the constant pain. I can't sleep on my tummy, my back (the boobs make it feel like there is a 20 lb weight on my chest, plus the belly which isn't even too big yet...lol) so if I lay on my side, my hips get so bad....

I am working this time around so I have to get myself up and out every morning and it's getting harder and harder. I have to say though, that I'm very happy to not be dealing with puking all the time this time around. That just made everything so much harder last time!

I also found out that this baby has a 50/50 chance of having some sort of chromosomal disorder and only a 20% chance of being 100% normal/healthy. I was supposed to have the CVS test or an amnio but DH and I chose against any invasive testing. We are going to have this baby no matter what, and we are praying that what the Dr. saw clears itself up. If it doesn't we will handle whatever God throws our way. I'm scared to death but at the same time I do believe everything happens for a reason.

I hope everyone has been doing well!!!!

April 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
GREAT to hear from you! Sorry you are having such a hard time. You sound just like me when I was pregnant with my daughter, only I was sick like you said you were with your first.

I hear you on not having any invasive tests. My dh and I chose not to have ANY tests done at all, since like you, we were having the baby no matter what anyways. No need to just stress us out. I hope the RA eases up a little and you can enjoy your pregnancy. Were you TTC with this one? Are there any meds you can take to help?

So glad to have you back, hope you can keep us updated! It is really great to hear from you! You might check out some other posts, we are trying to get a new stickie started on Excersies and have a couple posts on coping and how you deal with different issues. (If you have already great, lol, I haven't looked yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search