new here

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone I am danya I am 23 married to ryan 23 and we have 2 little boys that are 2 and 4. I came here to find information on MS. Last year I have a virus induced thyroid problem and after it corrected itself they tested me for a bunch of autoimmune disorders, all the test came back normal. I, still feel awful though, I am so tired all the time I have joint and muscle pain and I am always nauseous except if I am laying down when my husband or kids or even myself touches me I feel like they have punched me and I can instantly feel a bruise. I have days where I feel great and then days like today when I seriously want to die. I try to make the best of things but it gets hard sometimes, I haven't been diagnosed with MS but I have my suspicions, I don't have health insurance right now so going to the doctors is not an option. So I was wondering if any other ladies out there have MS and how did you know or feel..what were your symtoms?

June 24th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Hello and welcome the the AID Board. I am Sara, the host, I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and am the mother of one. I am glad you found us and hope we can give you some needed support! I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I know how much no insurance sucks, I just got insurance back after not having any for about 4 months! We don't have any active members with MS right now that I can think of off the top of my head (excuse me if I am forgetting anyone!) Allison's_Mommy & Colee are both members that have MS, but neither is very active on this board anymore, you might try PMing them though! Also it may be helpful to go through older posts they may have some helpful information. Also there are some links in the stickies with information.

June 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have Graves Disease. And my sister has MS. I'm familiar with some but not all of her symptoms.

I know she started out with losing vision in one of her eyes for about 4 months. The vision came back in that eye, and a few weeks later was gone in the other eye. She went back to the doctor and he told her he didn't know what was wrong. Eventually her vision came back and she felt fine. Six years later she was diagnosed with MS. It's been 12 years since she was diagnosed.
June 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice to meet both of you and I hope I get things figured out soon so i can just know.

June 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
mjtamjj's Avatar Veteran
Hi Danya
My name is Margaret I was diagnosed with lupus, I hope you can get some answers soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search