Hello!

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Keri's~3~Princesses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I was just cruising the forums here at JM and discovered this board. I had no idea it was here! I am a regular in the December 2007 PR and frequent the Cloth Diapering board and occasionally check in on Moms Of Girls. I see myself being a regualr here! I am so excited to find you ladies.

My name is Keri and I have three beautiful little girls..Kylie is 6 and in the first grade, Kacey is 4 and in preschool, Emilee is 8 months old. I am a SAHM. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis two weeks after I found out I was pregnant with DD #1, 5 months after DH and I married. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions that year! I had spent years and years wondering what was wrong with me. I was a really good athlete in HS, up until my senior year, at which time I just could not keep up anymore...I was still good, but not improving then suddenly decreasing in ability. It was not a major, all at once, chance in my abilities, but enough that I noticed. I ignored it for awhile, went off to college. Then it got to where I was so tired and worn out that I was skipping classes in my fourth year. So, I finally gave in and went to the doctor and would not be turned away. A few years later they finally refered me to a Rheumatologist and a diagnosis was made. My RA has gone away completely with each of my pregnancies and returns worse than it was before. I am currently on the edge of what I think my be my first flare ever...I am suddenly having a lot of pain that I have never experienced before. Anyway, that is a quick "about me." I look forward to getting to know you ladies! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!!

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs
August 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
Hello, nice to meet you!!! I am Sara, the host. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. It is a little similar to RA, it causes inflamaiton and fusion of the spine and some other joints. I am married and have one daughter, Becca, who will be 2 next month.

I am so sorry to hear you are not doing well lately. I hope we can be of some support. I am so glad you found the board! Hope to get to know you better!

August 21st, 2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks! This board is pretty slow, huh? We will see if we can do soemthing about that

Oh, I snagged a board blinkie from your siggy, hope you don't mind.

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs
August 21st, 2008, 08:01 AM
Becca's_Mommy's Avatar Becca's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via MSN to Becca's_Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Becca's_Mommy
We are pretty slow, I've been trying to get it going, so we can have a great support network going. There are some more blinkies up in the stickies. Feel free to make them link, maybe we can get some more girls. It took me a LONG time to find this board too!

August 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Well, I will try to help you get it going. I linked to the blinky (I did not know how and was waiting for someone in my PR to tell me, someone finally did). So, we are all linked up and ready to go. Now, off to post in my usual places and hopefully someone will see my blinky and head over to visit us. I really do look forward to getting to know you!

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs
August 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
mjtamjj's Avatar Veteran
Hi Keri and welcome.

My namie is Margaret and I was diagnosed with Lupus in 1999. I have a daughter Amber(11) and son JJ (6) he will be 7 in 2 months, and we are TTC#3.
August 26th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Hello! I had a friend in HS who had Lupus and a close family friend also has it. My family doctor thought that might be what I had for awhile before they settled on RA. I look forward to getting to know you! I am so happy to have found this board!

I love my girls!
Kylie
8yrs,
Kacey
6yrs,
Emilee 3yrs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search