New here and need some advice please...

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
My name is Megan. I am married and have a 12 month old daughter. I have a thyroid problem (hypo) and now a newly diabetic (had gestational diabetes and had pre diabetes). Well I went to the urgent care at the hospital yesterday. I thought I had either an yeast infection or UTI infection. Well they ran test and it was negative for both. It burns to pee (sorry tmi) and I feel so uncomfortable down there (I can tell its irritated and swollen). They also did a pregnancy test (blood test) because I was 2 days late. Well even that came back negative. They did a pelvic exam and she told me that everything looked good. She also commented that there is no signs of you starting anytime soon. Ugh hated that answer lol. Any ways I am usually on time. The only time I am late or dont start is when I am pregnant! Well they also found alot of glucose in my urine. Well I been sick with the cold and I ate alot the day before bc I had the munchies. So they checked how much and the test said it was 1000. Which your suppose to have none in your urine so they tested my blood sugar and it was 232. So they are saying I am a diabetic now. But me being sick and eating alot the day before would make my blood sugar be high. But I am not arguing because I need to be on some kind of diet and exercise plan. They are going to help me and my insurance will pay all of it! Any ways they said the reason why I could feel burning when I urinate is bc of all of the glucose in my urine. I am now on a strict diet. I can only have alot of protein, vegetables, and little fruits. No SUGARS at all! Well so far today the burning and the uncomfortableness is completely gone... woo hoo! I still have to see a doctor tomorrow. Well I still have no period or any signs of it! I am getting alot clear cervix mucus (which I got it when I was pregnant). I am still having some pregnancy symptoms.... fatigue, dizziness, sore boobs, and always hungry and etc.... there are more! So I have no clue whats going on.... my doctor said diabetes usually don't delay your period. Do you think I still could be? Is it possible it would be hard to detect it in my blood since at the time my blood sugar was high... what is your opinion on this situation....

April 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
broxi3781's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am certainly no expert in this, but thought I'd post since there hasnt been a reply yet.
Current blood pg tests detect at extremely low levels so it should have been + if you are pregnant. However, it wouldnt be the first time a lab result has been mixed up! It wouldnt hurt to try a very sensitive test in a few days if you dont start.
BTW they thought I had diabetes a year and half ago, but the second test came back negative, I always get funny test results for everything!
Good luck, hope you get it sorted
March 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
I don't know, but I see your ticker now CONGRATULATIONS by the way!!!

What was the result of your doctors visits???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search