Celena's journal

Forum: Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
03.13.2010, Saturday

Today is the first day for this new sub-forum "journals" here in the Autoimmune board. Thought I would put my thoughts down about this day... glad to have some good things going for this board so far.

Well as far as me...

Monday I have a RE appointment to figure out why I've gone thru 3 losses. I can tell you my take on some of it, but reality of it is we still need to have some sort of testing done. Recently had a dream where I had this appt and finally got the results, they figured out I had lupus which was causing the problems gettting or keeping a pregnancy along with the different systematic problems... low grade fevers, hair loss, high blood pressure out of no where (NEVER had a problem with it in my life) mental/emotional disturbances, chest pains / lung issues, kidney/ bladder/ UT issues, intestinal / stomach issues, and the list goes on... if only it were that simple right?!

My rheumatologist said they treat lupus pretty much the same way they've been trying to treat me for FM, but I call bulldoody on that one. As much as I've read he's really full of cah cah. Not to mention he's never really done a full blood work-up which doesn't always show lupus or rheumatic arthritis even... not to mention no MRI yet either or a CT scan. My mother had to have a MRI to diagnos her MS because her bloodwork came back OK!!! So tell me that they're not missing something here??? She SWEARS he's not doing enough and I'm just so sick of dr's appointments, being a guinea pig for medications, made to feel like my pain isn't real or as bad as it can be. I've done everything from chiropractor to counselling, exercising, mind over matter and had tried over 100 different meds, strengths & combinations. I'd really just like to know what's going on and take care of it.

Been in pain since I can remember, but back in the day my mother always said "oh it's your head" no mom it wasn't and isn't now. I think she feels some sense of guilt after all those years now from the way she talks...

I've been distracted and have lost my train of thought. Oh tomorrow is another day, more later!

March 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Went blind in my right eye due to the flashing lights / halo in it, pretty scary as I was in a store shopping at the time... began to have a panic attack and had to sit for a moment. The migraine came later... after I had gotten home it was all I could do to crawl into bed and go to sleep.

Had a uc flare as well while I was out, I couldn't even sit while driving because of the pressure I guess on my bum would put pressure inside my bowels and intestines... it sucked. I was "ok" when I went to the restroom, it made a world of difference!

I really really need to go to my rheumatologist or find a new one that will do a better job... I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
March 30th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Had my GP check-up, basically a med check. It's nothing exciting and nothing new. Same ol same, haven't changed anything... I just wish there was something new she was willing to try, but I have given up with her and my rheumi.

May 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Well many weeks later I've been able to start walking again. I've been back at it for over a month. Recently DH bought me Nike+ running shoes and the iPod nike+ insert for the shoes... within in 9 workouts I've done 50+ miles! Best mile walked was in 13 minutes!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search